90 years old Dr William Bell holds the world record for pole vaultingAugust 8th, 2012 - 9:27 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) As impossible as it seems, 90 year old, Dr. William Bell created a record in scooping up the championship in pole vaulting. This came out as a surprise to many because at his age it is a very unique act.
People who are at his age are expected to be spending all their time at home telling tales but Dr. William Bell made this turnaround when he won in pole vault. He is the one who owns the world record of pole vaulting considering his age. This was one of the best news reported today on 9th of August 8, 2012 and he really inspired many by his act.
He has been previously participating in the Olympics but this championship is the one that brought him to his popularity to the face of the whole earth. Video of him were taken when he was performing and they are now going all round the internet. He has been practicing at his son’s training facility to jump three times a week.
His son training facilities are located at Northern Arkansas. Before breaking this record he was an Olympic medalist. In many individuals, this is taken as a form of inspiration and it should be used for motivation that nothing is impossible in this world as long as you believe in yourself.
- Isinbayeva '90 percent ready' for Olympics - Jun 30, 2012
- 15-years-old swimmer wins gold at the London Olympics - Jul 31, 2012
- Isinbayeva targets last Olympic gold before retirement - Apr 18, 2012
- Usain Bolt sets new Twitter Olympic record - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic pole vault: America's Jenn Suhr wins gold - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: Isinbaeva wants family before considering Rio 2016 - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Isenbayeva misses hat-trick; second gold for Sanchez after eight (Athletics Roundup) - Aug 07, 2012
- Shooter Joydeep Karmakar: The mind will go where the spirit takes it (Interview) - Aug 28, 2012
- It's now or never, says wrestler Yogeshwar (IANS kicks off its coverage of India's medal hopes at the London Olympics) - Jun 12, 2012
- Olympic hockey: India heading for lowest finish (Preview) - Aug 06, 2012
- Mexican boxer Valdez feeling no Olympics pressure - Jul 24, 2012
- Isinbayeva likely to retire after Olympics: Coach - Jul 21, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Isinbayeva confident ahead of pole vault final - Aug 04, 2012
- Mary Kom confident, but not taking Olympic gold for granted - Apr 08, 2012
- Liu Xiang arrives in London, eying second Olympic gold medal - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: august 8, best news, dr william, inspiration, london, motivation, northern arkansas, olympic medalist, olympics, pole vault, popularity, surprise, telling tales, three times, time at home, turnaround, whole earth, william bell, world record