80 entries for National AutocrossApril 23rd, 2012 - 6:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, April 23 (IANS) Nearly 80 vehicles, some of them driven by well-known names, are likely to take part in the first round of the inaugural Indian National Autocross Championship to be held here Sunday.
According to Balakrishna Jayasimha, Chief Executive, Wynnsport, the promoters, the entries include the likes of Lohitt Urs, veterans Rahul Kanthraj and Babban Khan, besides the country’s top woman racing driver, Nawaz Bhatena.
Also in the fray are a bunch of vehicles from local FRK Racing who have a strong presence in the National rally and racing circuit, besides a team from Kochi who have confirmed eight entries.
The actual autocross event has been packaged along with some entertainment items like a rock band show where Delhi’s popular group Parikrama, is scheduled to perform, and adventure sports while the “Bangalore Pandhis”, the local Harley-Davidson bike owners’ club will be parading the iconic two-wheelers.
For the first time in India, the autocross will have two vehicles running concurrently but on different tracks of nearly two kms each, said Balakrishna at a Media interaction here Monday.
The event is open to all cars manufactured in India and will be categorised on the basis of cubic capacity and modifications into six classes - up to 850cc, 850-1100cc, 1100-1400cc, 1400-1600cc, up to 3000cc, Gypsy up to 1400cc (4×4) and up to 1400cc for women.
The next five rounds will be held at Kochi (May 26-27), Coimbatore (July 14-15), Chennai (Sept 15-16), Mumbai (Nov 3-4) and Bangalore (Dec 8-9).
- Stage set for Autocross gala - Apr 28, 2012
- Double for Ballal at Autocross Championship - Jul 15, 2012
- Ur tops Indian National Autocross Championship - Apr 29, 2012
- Team MRF dominate Day 1 of Nashik Rally - Jun 03, 2011
- Subaru set for India debut - Sep 21, 2012
- Commanding win for Gill at Maharashtra rally - Jun 05, 2011
- Gill ahead by 38 seconds in Karnataka-1000 Rally - Aug 20, 2011
- Gill annexes overall title in Rally de Bengal - Dec 18, 2011
- Ghosh leads on day of retirements at South India Rally - Jun 25, 2011
- Gaurav Gill in command in Rally de Bengal - Dec 17, 2011
- Gill looking to consolidate in National Rally - Nov 17, 2011
- Motorsports: Gill, Urs top for MRF - Aug 21, 2011
- Stage set for South India Rally - Jun 24, 2011
- Ghosh annexes overall title at South India Rally - Jun 26, 2011
- Gaurav Gill takes commanding lead at Odisha Rally - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: 4x4, autocross event, bangalore, bike owners, chief executive, cubic capacity, gypsy, harley davidson, harley davidson bike, july 14, kochi, media interaction, national rally, parikrama, popular group, promoters, rahul, rock band, time in india, two wheelers