79 players shun ICL to join BCCIJune 2nd, 2009 - 9:48 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, June 2(ANI): The BCCI today granted amnesty to 79 players and 11 former cricketers, as they decided to cut-off their ties with the rebel board, the Indian Cricket League.
The decision was immensely motivated by the time-bound amnesty that the BCCI had offered to all these players.
“By snapping ties with ICL, the cricketers immediately became eligible for domestic cricket and would also be considered for international matches once they complete their one year cooling off period,” the BCCI said.
“The BCCI, after scrutinising their requests has written to the concerned state associations that these players are eligible to play in the domestic tournaments for this year”, Board secretary N Srinivasan said.
Reetinder Sodhi, Rohan Gavasakar, Hemang Badani, Deep Dasgupta were some former International players who decided to cut-off their ties.
Erapalli Prasanna, Ajit Wadekar, Sandeep Patil, Balwinder Singh Sandhu and Madan Lal, who were assigned as coach to different teams have also decided to join hands with the mainstream league.
“We still have 40-50 players, out of the original 140-odd, on our roster and as and when the need arises we would recruit fresh talent. The League is on. We are not closing down. The next season is in October-November and it’s still early days”, an ICL official said. (ANI)
- BCCI offers amnesty to 102 ICL rebels - Jun 02, 2009
- BCCI likely to allow ex ICL players to take part in IPL - Aug 13, 2009
- ICL rebels happy to be back in mainstream cricket - Jun 02, 2009
- BCCI grants amnesty to Kapil Dev - Jul 25, 2012
- Amnesty for More, BCCI wants Kapil too back in fold - Jul 16, 2012
- BCCI opens its doors for ICL players - Apr 29, 2009
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- BCCI announces 'amnesty' for ICL players - Apr 29, 2009
- Cricketing world pays rich tributes to Dravid - Mar 09, 2012
- Keep off IPL, Maken tells BCCI (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Modi reveals how BCCI scuttled ICL - Jun 20, 2011
- IPL play-offs' proceeds to be distributed among former cricketers - Apr 03, 2012
- BCCI allows former ICL players to play in IPL - Aug 13, 2009
- BCCI gives in, Sahara India back as Team India sponsor (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Sahara back as cricket Team India sponsor - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: ajit, amnesty, bcci, board secretary, coach, cooling off period, cricket league, cricketers, dasgupta, domestic cricket, indian cricket, madan lal, mumbai, sandeep patil, singh sandhu, srinivasan, state associations, ties