64 archers selected for Commonwealth Games trainingSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 5:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 23 (IANS) The sports ministry Tuesday selected 64 archers to provide them specialised training for the 2010 Commonwealth Games.The ministry has also selected 39 of the 64 archers for their inclusion in the Core Group of sportspersons. Three Indians and one foreign coach, Wang Woo Lee of South Korea, have also been identified in consultation with the Archery Association of India (AAI).
The ministry has also asked the AAI to submit the names of supporting personnel such as sports analyst, doctor, physiotherapist, masseur and masseuse for its approval.
The AAI in consultation with the Sports Authority of India (SAI) will also have to prepare the Annual Calendar of Training and Competitions (ACTC) for 305 days of training for the period from August 2008 to March 2009.
The AAI has informed the ministry that SAI Eastern Centre in Kolkata, Tata Sports Academy in Jamshedpur and Army Sports Centre in Pune have been identified as centres for training to the Core Group. For providing infrastructural and equipment support, the ministry has asked the AAI to submit their requirements.
Recurve: Rahul Banerjee, Mangal Singh, Jayanta Talukdar, Hrish Kerai, Priyank, W. Ranjan Singh (Jr.), Tarundeep Rai, Kapil, Adonda Raju, Rajiv Basumatary, Gautam Singh
Compound: Ratan Kumar, Chungda Sherpa, Baban Kumar, Umesh B.K., L. Haridas Singh, Isaiah Sanam, Sumit Mishra, Sanjay Swansi, Deepak Kumar, Palton Hansdah
Recurve: Dola Banerjee, Chekrovolu Swuro, L. Bombayla Devi, Punyaprabha,
Sushma, Reena Kumari, V. Pranitha, Pratima Boro, Rimil Biruli
Compound: Jhanu Hansda, Renu Munda, Bheigyabati Chanu, Manjudha Soy, Vrushali Garle, Namita Yadav, Sweety Kumari, Sumanlata Murmu, Niva Kerketta
Coaches: Harender Singh, B. Rao, D. Saiswariya
Foreign coach: Wang Woo Lee (South Korea)
- Eight-member Indian recurve archery squad for World Cup - May 17, 2010
- Dola to spearhead India's archery challenge in Commonwealth Games - Aug 23, 2010
- 'Only archers who qualify will go to London Olympics' - Oct 12, 2011
- Twenty-member Indian Archery team in Tehran - Jun 12, 2008
- Deepika redeems herself in Junior Archery - Dec 30, 2010
- 24 archers short-listed for World Youth meet - Jun 10, 2009
- World's top archer Deepika is now manager at Tata Steel - Jul 14, 2012
- Indian archery team for Asian meets announced - Oct 16, 2009
- Archers, badminton players exude confidence at send-off - Jul 15, 2012
- Archers confident of rich medals haul in Games - Sep 10, 2010
- Indian archery squad named for World Cups - Jul 13, 2011
- CWG archery: Indians win in recurve, disappoint in compound (Lead) - Oct 05, 2010
- Women archers look for Olympic medal, men a berth - Apr 09, 2012
- Archers should have trained in Pune, not Kolkata: Coach - Oct 10, 2010
- Indian archers will target Olympic berth at World meet - Jun 30, 2011