40 militants from Bangladesh surrender in TripuraMay 9th, 2008 - 4:04 pm ICT by admin
By Pinaki das
Agartala, 9 May (ANI): 40 militants belonging to the banned All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) laid down their arms and came back to normal life at two places in Tripura on Thursday.
The first surrender comprising of 35 cadres of the ATTF militants laid arms before Commandant of 14 Assam Rifles, Colonel Pratik Seth at Kanchanpur. The militants also handed over a SLR and 100 live cartridges.
Meanwhile, five militants of ATTF and NLFT deposited an AK 56, three magazines, 70 round ammunitions and a Chinese grenade to Commandant S Darlong of 6th battalion of Tripura State Rifles at Teliamura.
The militants informed that they had initially take gun to fight for a separate tribal homeland but on realizing that it is baseless they decided to come back to the main stream of life.
All the cadres have been trained in using the latest arms and ammunitions at their training camps spread through out Bangladesh, which surrounds Tripura from three sides, from there they operate, they informed. (ANI)
- Militant killed in Tripura - Jul 22, 2012
- Three Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Jul 04, 2012
- Ten Tripura militants surrender with weapons - Nov 03, 2011
- Nine Tripura terrorists flee Bangladesh, surrender - May 17, 2011
- Eight relatives of surrendered militants killed in Tripura - Nov 10, 2009
- 13 ATTF militants from Bangladesh surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Tripura militants recruiting youth, warns intelligence - Jun 21, 2012
- 16 Tripura terrorists flee Bangladeshi camps, surrender - Aug 11, 2010
- Terrorists reviving outfits in Tripura, says police chief - Aug 21, 2012
- Three militants arrested in Tripura - Jun 18, 2012
- 13 Bangladesh-trained rebels surrender in Tripura - Jul 02, 2010
- Militants kidnap four workers in Tripura - Nov 27, 2010
- Economic development tamed terrorism: Tripura Police chief - Jun 15, 2011
- Linkages between northeast terrorists continue: Government - Oct 20, 2011
- Ten Bangladeshi-trained militants surrender in Tripura - Jun 24, 2010
Tags: agartala, ammunitions, assam rifles, attf, battalion, cadres, colonel, commandant, grenade, main stream, militants, national liberation front, nlft, pratik, slr, stream of life, tiger force, training camps, tribal homeland, tripura