250 visas per match for Pak cricket fansNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:20 am ICT by admin
Vohra said that the media officials and guests of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) would be issued extra visas.
Those holding a one-day cricket match ticket will be able to stay in India for four days and those with test match tickets would be allowed a seven-day stay.
Surprisingly, Vohra said the Indian diplomatic office had received only a few queries on the visa-issuing procedure and required documentations.
The PCB has assigned the distribution of tickets to the American Express, the Daily Times quoted Vohra, as saying.
Indian and Pakistan will soon review their bilateral visa agreement and this will be further liberalised, Vohra said.
The new visa agreement will have sufficient leverage and flexibility, and will make special concessions for categories like senior citizens and create more categories, he said.
Under the present visa regime, there is no tourist visa category, he added.
“But we have been liberal in issuing visas and our policy actually outstrips the visa agreement,” he said.
At present, the only categories that exist are that of visitor visas, which are given to members of divided families and visas to pilgrims in additional to the usual business, diplomatic and government visas. (ANI)
- India, Pakistan likely to sign visa pact Saturday - Sep 07, 2012
- Visa pact to be signed Saturday, will benefit common people: Rehman Malik (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Pakistan media gives a thumbs up to Krishna's visit (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- India-Pakistan ease visa norms for visitors - Sep 08, 2012
- PCB gets Pak WC cricketers' visas for India cleared in advance - Feb 26, 2011
- PCB taking no chances as it applies for Indian visas for Pak World Cup squad in advance - Feb 04, 2011
- India, Pakistan defer signing of visa pact, discuss 26/11 (Second Lead) - May 26, 2012
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani elders to get visas on arrival (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Krishna's visit: India, Pakistan to spur cross-border trade - Aug 14, 2012
- 2,200 police officers deployed for India-Pakistan cricket World Cup semifinal - Mar 28, 2011
- India positive to liberalise visa regime with Pakistan: Chidambaram - Apr 01, 2011
- Pakistan visit fruitful: Krishna (Second Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
Tags: american express, cricket fans, cricket match, diplomatic office, documentations, issuing procedure, one day cricket, pak cricket, pakistan cricket board, pcb, seven day, surprisingly, test match, ticket holders, tourist visa, visa category, visa regime, visitor visas