24 archers short-listed for World Youth meetJune 10th, 2009 - 12:29 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 10 (IANS) The Archery Association of India (AAI) has short-listed 24 archers in the junior (under-18) and cadet (under-16) age categories for the World Youth archery championship to be held in Ogden, Utah July 12-19.
Announcing the list after a three-day trial held at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) Tuesday, Eastern Centre, AAI secretary general P.N. Mukherjee said the list was only provisional and not final.
“We will compare the results of the trials with that of prevailing world standards and send only those archers who have some realistic chances of winning medals for India,” he clarified.
Recurve (boys): Atanu Das and Pawan Xalxo (both Steel Plant) and Hemanta Basumatary (Assam)
Girls: Seema Verma and Sumita Kumari (both Steel Plant) and Balmai Hansda (Jharkhand).
Compound (boys): Ksh. Nikhon Singh (Manipur), Arjun Rao and Sanjay Swansi (both Jharkhand).
Girls: Asrita Kerketta, Priyanshu Kachap and Kiran Majhi (all Jharkhand).
Recurve (boys): Sanjay Boro, Prashant Nath (both Assam) and Mangal Ho (Jharkhand).
Girls: Deepika Kumari, V. Sharada and Padya Singh Sardar (all Steel Plant).
Compound (boys): Abhyudaya Srinet, Sudhakar Paswan (both Jharkhand) and Ritul Chatterjee (Andhra Pradesh).
Girls: S. Jayalakshmi (Maharashtra), Prerna Bhagat and Neelam Kumari (both Jharkhand).
- Deepika redeems herself in Junior Archery - Dec 30, 2010
- Archer Deepika humbled in junior nationals - Dec 28, 2010
- Indian juniors brighten up a disappointing day - Jul 14, 2009
- Indian archery team for Asian meets announced - Oct 16, 2009
- Eight-member Indian recurve archery squad for World Cup - May 17, 2010
- India to send 16 archers for first Asian Grand Prix - Jan 26, 2010
- Only four Indian archers in race at World Youth Championships - Jul 16, 2009
- Indian archery squad named for World Cups - Jul 13, 2011
- Indians do well in Youth World Archery - Jul 15, 2009
- Twenty-member Indian Archery team in Tehran - Jun 12, 2008
- 'Only archers who qualify will go to London Olympics' - Oct 12, 2011
- Rahul, Mangal in Indian archery team for Asian Grand Prix - Feb 09, 2012
- Deepika wins gold in world youth archery - Aug 28, 2011
- Chekrovolu, Jayalakshmi make the cut for World Cup - Apr 12, 2009
- Archers confident of rich medals haul in Games - Sep 10, 2010
Tags: aai, age categories, archery association, arjun, chatterjee, hemanta, jayalakshmi, kumari, manipur, neelam, ogden utah, pawan, plant compound, prashant, prerna, sharada, sports authority, steel plant, sudhakar, sumita