205 players for blind Chess OlympiadAugust 9th, 2012 - 8:57 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Aug 9 (IANS) In all, 205 competitors, including 19 International Masters and over 90 FIDE-rated players representing 26 countries will be taking part in the 15th Chess Olympiad for the blind commencing here Friday.
The team championship, to be played on a nine-round Swiss league format, is being sponsored by the Tata Group. it will see two Indian teams, comprising four players and a reserve, in the fray with I.M. Shekar Sahu in dual role as the non-playing captain and coach.
There are several firsts in this Olympiad. The games are to be shown live on http://www.aicfb.in; speech-enabled chess clocks will be used and the AICFB is launching the online chess playing portal, a brainchild of Charudatta Jadhav, which also is speech enabled. Besides, daily bulletins of all the completed games will be distributed to the participants in the DAISY format.
- Chennai to host Chess Olympiad for blind - Jul 14, 2012
- Coimbatore hosts national chess tournament for visually impaired - Oct 24, 2009
- Easy win for Bhagyashree in All India Open chess - Apr 28, 2012
- Anand bids to be an all-time great (Profile) - May 30, 2012
- Calls of Bharat Ratna for Anand gain momentum - May 30, 2012
- Calls of Bharat Ratna for Anand gain momentum (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Documentary on blind chess players ready - Aug 18, 2012
- Strong field for World junior chess - Aug 01, 2011
- Chess players treated well in India, says Czech champion Laznicka - Jun 16, 2011
- Professional chess too hard, says Armenian GM - Jul 15, 2012
- 380 competitors in Telegraph school chess - Nov 30, 2009
- Kerala IT firm to lure youths to intelligent gaming - May 12, 2012
- Putin praises Russian, Indian chess schools - May 31, 2012
- Paes, Bhupathi should have sorted out disagreements earlier: Anand - Jul 13, 2012
- School students to be taught chess to sharpen minds - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: brainchild, bulletins, chennai, chess, chess clocks, chess olympiad, coach, daisy, dual role, firsts, games, international masters, jadhav, online chess, participants, sahu, swiss league, tata group