2014 World Cup to be best ever: RonaldoMarch 18th, 2012 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, March 18 (IANS) Filling in as the leader of Brazil’s Local Organizing Committee, Ronaldo declared that the 2014 football World Cup in Brazil will be the biggest and best event of all-time.
Former Brazilian striker Ronaldo demonstrated his optimism towards successfully hosting the 2014 World Cup while welcoming FIFA president Joseph Blatter who came on an unofficial visit to re-establish communication between both parties.
The reigning record holder for most goals scored during the World Cup (15 goals), promised football fans that the World Cup in Brazil will be the all-time largest and best event in soccer history.
At a meeting with Blatter, Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff told him that the federal government would offer financial assistance to ensure that the World Cup arrangements were not only ready in time, but that the event will be a smashing success.
- Ronaldo reveals desire to become president of CBF - Mar 19, 2012
- Valcke to return to Brazil for FIFA inspections - Mar 31, 2012
- FIFA official to return to Brazil next week - Apr 03, 2012
- Brazil leases airport to private consortium - Nov 29, 2011
- Ronaldo defends Valcke's criticism of Brazil - Mar 09, 2012
- 'Alcoholic beverages will be sold during 2014 World Cup' - Mar 16, 2012
- Brazil lags 95 percent in 2014 Football World Cup work - May 24, 2012
- 'All in one rhythm' slogan for Brazil World Cup - May 30, 2012
- Bebeto joins Brazil's organising committee for 2014 World Cup - Feb 18, 2012
- Rio de Janeiro declared World Heritage Site - Jul 03, 2012
- FIFA's secretary-general assures Brazil will be ready for World Cup - Jan 21, 2012
- Brazil, Chile swap organising duty of Copa America - Mar 25, 2012
- Romario supports Ronaldo's run for president of CBF - Mar 24, 2012
- Romario asks government to sack national coach - Sep 21, 2012
- FIFA names World Cup ball Brazuca - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: brazil, brazilian president, dilma rousseff, federal government, fifa president, financial assistance, football fans, football world cup, joseph blatter, local organizing committee, optimism, president joseph, rio de janeiro, ronaldo, smashing success, soccer history, striker, unofficial visit