2014 Winter Olympics may include new eventsOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:05 am ICT by IANS
Acapulco (Mexico), Oct 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The next Winter Olympics to be held in Russia’s resort city of Sochi in 2014 may include new events, including team figure skating, mixed biathlon and slopestyle snowboard, an International Olympic Committee (IOC) official has said.
IOC Director of Communications Mark Adams made the statement after a meeting in Acapulco but added that the final decision to include the new events would be made by IOC President Jacques Rogge in April 2011.
Russian Olympic Committee President Alexander Zhukov said Russia has “pretty good positions” in the new events.
Team figure skating is presumed to last one day and each country will send one male and one female single skater, followed by a couples skating, and finally and ice dancing couple. An overall score would then be totalled for the skaters from all four disciplines for each participating country.
Mixed relay in biathlon would include teams made up of both men and women.
- Six new events for 2014 Winter Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- IOC respects Lukashenko ban: Rogge - Jul 27, 2012
- Ski Halfpipe to be part of 2014 Olympics - Apr 07, 2011
- Russia to send 436 athletes to London 2012 - Jul 10, 2012
- IOC, London organisers deny banning Belarus president - Jul 25, 2012
- Russia looks to toughen match-fixing laws - Sep 09, 2012
- Russians target 25 gold medals in London - Jul 10, 2012
- Sochi Winter Olympics preparations are on, says Putin - May 12, 2012
- Olympics: Late gold rush saves Russia's blushes ahead of Sochi - Aug 13, 2012
- Terror plot targeting 2014 Sochi Olympics foiled - May 10, 2012
- Russia plans to send Olympic torch into space - Jul 08, 2011
- Fraud case launched over Sochi 2014 Olympic projects - Aug 09, 2012
- London Olympics to go down as Athletes' Games: IOC chief - Aug 13, 2012
- Collapsed walker is Olympic hero - Aug 05, 2012
- Safin may become Russian president: Sampras - Nov 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,