Zardari’s entourage misuse of public funds: DailyApril 9th, 2012 - 3:11 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 9 (IANS) Asif Ali Zardari “needs to understand that if he is to avoid ridicule on home ground, then ‘private’ is ‘private’,” said a daily after the president took along two dozen members of his family on a trip to India.
Taking a dig at the president’s entourage, an editorial in the News International Monday said said Zardari “needs to understand that if he is to avoid ridicule on home ground, then ‘private’ is ‘private’ - and taking along 25 members of his own family, the chairman of the Pakistan People’s Party, Interior Minister Rehman Malik, Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and his personal and security staff - all at public expense - does not constitute private”.
“It does however constitute a misuse of public funds - a detail overlooked by day-tripping dynasts,” it added.
Zardari met Manmohan Singh in New Delhi and paid obeisance at Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti’s shrine in Ajmer during his day-long trip Sunday.
- Manmohan must visit Pakistan to maintain momentum: daily - Apr 09, 2012
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari in India, begins talks with Manmohan (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan, Zardari shake hands, begin talks - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistani virologist Chisty released, apex court told - Mar 19, 2012
- Pakistanis urge India to free aged prisoner Chishti - Apr 08, 2012
- Much ado over a lunch: Pakistan's online buzz - Apr 08, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
- Bilawal's Facebook fans discuss India trip - Apr 08, 2012
- Bail to Chisty comes at a significant time, says nephew - Apr 09, 2012
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari to invite Manmohan to Pakistan, all issues on table - Apr 07, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
Tags: abbas, ajmer, asif ali zardari, dozen members, dynasts, entourage, interior minister, jilani, khwaja, long trip, manmohan, manmohan singh, moinuddin chishti, New Delhi, news international, obeisance, public expense, rehman malik, ridicule, security staff