Zardari’s assets in Islamabad to be seizedJanuary 22nd, 2010 - 5:59 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan 22(ANI): Action to seize the assets of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has begun following a National Accountability Bureau (NAB) order asking the Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT) administration to freeze all his assets under its jurisdiction.
Besides other properties, NAB’s latest order would immediately hit the 2,460 kanals of Sangjani land, which was a frozen asset before the NRO, but was unfrozen in early 2009 and transferred in the name of a private company owned by President Zardari, his son Bilawal Zardari and others.
The NAB spokesman Ghazni said that NAB is acting strictly in accordance with the law and the Supreme Court’s decision and weekly progress reports is regularly being submitted to the apex court, The News reports.
Within a few days of the December 16 short order of the Supreme Court, the NAB had issued freezing order for the assets of all other NRO beneficiaries, but in case of Zardari, the NAB did not move apparently due to his constitutional immunity.
However, now after the announcement of the detailed judgment, which directed NAB and all other concerned authorities to revive the pre-NRO position in all cases, the NAB has also moved on Zardari’s case. (ANI)
- Next government can approach Swiss courts: Zardari - Jan 08, 2012
- Pak SC throws out govt's NRO beneficiaries' list in absence of Zardari's name - Sep 28, 2010
- Can't write letter against Zardari: Gilani's counsel to court - Mar 21, 2012
- Supreme Court warns Gilani of another contempt notice - Mar 29, 2012
- Gilani offers to quit after apex court contempt notice (Second Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- First for Pakistan, PM indicted for contempt (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Pak Law Ministry looks determined to block NRO cases against Zardari - Feb 20, 2010
- Gilani indicted for contempt (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Pakistan's apex court issues Gilani contempt notice (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan PM has committed contempt, says court (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- In a first for Pakistan, PM indicted for contempt (Third Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Details on Zardari's illegal assets to be submitted in Pak SC - Dec 13, 2009
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Supreme Court orders Zardari graft cases to be reopened (Lead) - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: accordance with the law, accountability, apex, apex court, asif ali zardari, assets, beneficiaries, freezing order, ghazni, immunity, islamabad capital territory, judgment, jurisdiction, nab, national accountability bureau, news reports, nro, private company, progress reports, spokesman