Zardari writes to Manmohan, hails cricket ties resumptionJuly 19th, 2012 - 12:31 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 19 (IANS) President Asif Ali Zardari has written a letter to Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressing the hope that the resumption of cricketing ties after five years will be a confidence building measure.
Zardari Wednesday sent the letter to Manmohan Singh welcoming resumption of cricket relations, reported Dawn.
The Indian cricket board Monday invited Pakistan to play three One-dayers and two Twenty20 Internationals in December-January, a move that would see the arch-rivals clashing in a bilateral series after a five-year gap
The resumption of cricket matches would add to positive atmosphere witnessed by the two countries, said Zardari.
The letter said: “You would recall that in my recent visit to India, we discussed resumption of cricket ties between Pakistan and India. I am glad to learn that the cricket boards of Pakistan and India have agreed to resume cricket matches after a gap of five years.”
“I am sanguine that cricket matches between our two countries would prove to be a formidable confidence building measure and a way forward towards encouraging people-to-people contacts,” it added.
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Gavaskar slams India-Pakistan cricket series' revival - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Cricket tour an excellent CBM: Pakistani daily - Jul 18, 2012
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Zardari appoints close friend as PCB chief,Butt shown the door - Oct 12, 2011
- Krishna welcomes cricket resumption with Pakistan - Jul 19, 2012
- Lahore HC moved against Pak cricket team on match-fixing charges in WC semi-final - Mar 31, 2011
- Former Pakistani players hail cricket revival with India - Jul 16, 2012
- Keen to visit Pakistan but in 'proper atmosphere': Manmohan Singh - Aug 31, 2012
- Zardari trip good but should fetch results: Analysts - Apr 06, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to watch Mohali match, invites Pak President, PM to join - Mar 25, 2011
- 'India-Pakistan series bigger than Ashes' - Jul 17, 2012
- Chidambaram optimistic about India-Pakistan meet - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: arch rivals, asif ali zardari, atmosphere, confidence building, cricket boards, cricket matches, dawn, gap, indian cricket board, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, internationals, manmohan, manmohan singh, pakistan, play three, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, resumption, ties