Zardari was not part of Benazir-Musharraf deal: Sheikh RashidMarch 1st, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Mar.1 (ANI): Incumbent Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari was not to play any significant role in the countrys politics as per a deal reached between assassinated former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto and then President General Pervez Musharraf.
Disclosing this, Awami Muslim League (AML) chief, Sheikh Rashid Ahmed also revealed that Benazir Bhutto had a report on Nawaz Sharif after she signed the Charter of Democracy.
Former President Musharraf also possessed a similar report, Rashid claimed.
In an interview to a private television channel, Rashid disclosed the formula of the National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) that was reached between Musharraf and Bhutto to form a civilian government.
Pervez Musharraf on the top position, Benazir Bhutto as Prime Minister, followed by Q-League, then Asfandyar Wali and then Fazl-ur-Rehman, Rashid said while revealing the details of the ten point formula.
It also mentioned about fixing a tenure for Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, The News reports.
The formula also placed restrictions on Musharraf in so far as contesting presidential elections in uniform.
Musharraf wanted the NRO after the election, while Benazir Bhutto wanted it before, Rashid claimed.(ANI)
- Contempt of court: Gilani set to appear before apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistan parliament passes resolution supporting Gilani (Night Lead) - Jan 17, 2012
- Musharraf discusses Pak political situation with AML chief - Nov 21, 2010
- Asfandyar rejects WikiLeaks reports of Kayani offering him presidency - Dec 05, 2010
- President enjoys immunity, Pakistan PM tells apex court - Jan 19, 2012
- "ANP chief declined Kayani's offer to replace Zardari owing to lack of support" - Dec 02, 2010
- Geneva approached to reopen Zardari's graft case - Mar 31, 2010
- Musharraf approaching international powers to fob off Pak govt 'witch hunt' - Apr 15, 2011
- Gilani reaches court for contempt hearing - Feb 13, 2012
- After 16 months, Islamabad HC to hear case against Musharraf - Dec 13, 2010
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Musharraf smoked cigars and had coffee with Zardari even after Benazir's assassination - Feb 17, 2011
- PM should respect court orders: Nawaz - Jan 17, 2012
- Muslim League always used for bringing about undemocratic change in Pak: JUI Chief - Oct 03, 2010
- Benazir murder probe 'futile' exercise as culprits hold powerful positions: Pir Pagara - Dec 25, 2010
Tags: aml, asif ali zardari, awami, benazir bhutto, benazir musharraf deal, chief justice iftikhar, civilian government, former prime minister, muslim league, national reconciliation, nro, pervez musharraf, president general, president musharraf, presidential elections, private television, rehman rashid, sharif, sheikh rashid ahmed, television channel