Zardari urges India to resume composite dialogue processJanuary 14th, 2009 - 1:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Jan 14 (ANI): President Asif Ali Zardari has said that the resolution of all outstanding issues between India and Pakistan is vital for durable peace in the region, and called for a resumption of the composite dialoguethat was broken off after the terrorist attacks in Mumbai in November last year.
Zardari expressed these views during a lunch hosted for TERI University Director General Dr RK Pachauri at the Presidency, the Daily Times reported.
Indian High Commissioner Satyabrata Pal, Federal Minister for Environment Hameedullah Afridi, Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Assef Ali, Planning Commission Adviser for Science and Technology Ishfaq Ahmed, Water Resources Special Adviser Kamal Majidullah, former WAPDA chairman Shamsul Mulk and former information minister Javed Jabbar were also present.
Issues related to energy cooperation, science and technology and environment also came under discussion.
Zardari said greater bilateral cooperation in the fields would only be possible if outstanding issues were resolved first. (ANI)
- TERI's Pachauri gets Mexican humanitarian award - Jun 18, 2012
- TERI to work with Seychelles on enhancing knowledge base - Jun 03, 2010
- Pachauri backs green building technologies - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan puts dams on hold after cost increases - Oct 07, 2010
- Innovations needed for sustainable farming, say experts - Jun 02, 2012
- Deal in sight on NATO supply issue: Report - May 20, 2012
- Abhishek to receive award from Arnie - Feb 01, 2012
- Move towards renewable energy a must: Pachauri - Jan 21, 2010
- Clinton in India Monday night, Mumbai and n-deal on agenda - Jul 18, 2011
- India needs roadmap for cleaner fuels: Pachauri - Jun 15, 2011
- First for Pakistan, PM indicted for contempt (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Zardari welcomes India-Pakistan talks' outcome - Jul 30, 2011
- Clinton arrives, Mumbai blasts and n-deal to top talks (Lead) - Jul 18, 2011
- Pak terms Gilani-Manmohan meeting as 'new opening' for resolution of disputes - Apr 01, 2011
- Gilani convicted for contempt, gets symbolic sentence (Lead) - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: bilateral cooperation, composite dialogue, deputy chairman, director general, durable peace, energy cooperation, federal minister, india and pakistan, indian high commissioner, information minister, jabbar, javed, kamal, mulk, planning commission, resumption, science and technology, technology and environment, university director, water resources