Zardari says Judiciary not restored under pressureMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:40 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar. 30 (ANI): Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has refuted charges that the judges were reinstated under pressure. Rather, he said they were restored at the right time keeping in view public aspirations.
“The PPP always upheld the democratic norms and strove for strengthening Pakistan and promoting politics of reconciliation,” The News quoted Zardari, as saying.
Addressing the parliamentary meeting of the PPP Punjab at the Governor House, the PPP co-chairman said his party is ready to sit in the opposition in the Punjab Assembly, while adding that it depended upon the PML-N how it dealt with the PPP in the Punjab.
Zardari also urged the PML-N to give up the PML-Q MPAs, as the PPP didn’t favor formation of forward bloc and would discourage it.
During his 20-minute-long address, President Zardari said the PPP wanted to promote national reconciliation and to respect the mandate of all political forces.
PPP Chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari also addressed the meet.
He said the party was united under Asif Zardari and rumours of differences in the party were baseless.
“I stand by him who stands by Zardari,” said Bilawal. (ANI)
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- PPP wants Nawaz to apologise for keeping Zardari in jail over 'fake cases' - Nov 23, 2010
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Meeting between Zardari, Nawaz expected soon: Raja Riaz - Nov 25, 2010
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- 'Bilawal to take up political responsibility in September' - Apr 28, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- PPP will expose Shahbaz's drama of good governance: Raja Riaz - Mar 01, 2011
- Zardari convenes 'emergency meeting' of PPP Punjab ministers - Feb 25, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- PML-N unlikely to demand Zardari's resignation over NRO - Dec 21, 2009
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Days of landlords are numbered in Pakistan: Imran Khan - Feb 26, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, aspirations, bhutto, co chairman, democratic norms, forward bloc, judiciary, mandate, mpas, national reconciliation, opposition, pakistan, pml n, ppp, punjab, right time, rumours