Zardari offers China access to its portsFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by ANI
Wuhan (China), Feb.22 (ANI): In a bid to strengthen ties with its long time ally, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has said that the ports of the country were open to cater to the needs of Chinese cargo ships.
We will encourage Chinese companies to come to Pakistan as Pakistan is geo-strategically located and provides them access to the rest of the world through our warm waters, The Nation quoted Zardari, as saying.
Zardari, who is on a visit to China to enhance ties between both the countries, said his party (Pakistans Peoples Party), and government wanted a greater association in business ties.
My party and my government want to strengthen these relations which are historical and very vast and we are proud of Chinas progress, he said.
Zardari commended the Chinese media for maintaining a positive attitude towards Islamabad.
Zardari also met the Governor of Hubei province, Lihong Zhong here.
Both the leaders discussed about greater co-operation in the field of hydro-electricity and agriculture. (ANI)
- Zardari offers "Pak warm waters" to Chinese investors, entrepreneurs - Nov 14, 2010
- Chinese officials meet Zardari on power project - Jun 04, 2011
- Rich Chinese woman seeks love on the street - Aug 22, 2012
- China vows to stand by Pakistan - Sep 27, 2011
- Relations with India strategically important: Chinese minister - Nov 15, 2010
- Chinese officials put on live TV show sweat it out - Jul 13, 2012
- Pakistan, China to strengthen economic, defence ties - Nov 08, 2011
- Amid China tension, India, Myanmar to expand ties - Oct 12, 2011
- Zardari, Karzai review bilateral ties - Sep 02, 2011
- Three Chinese hurt as balloon explodes - Oct 11, 2011
- Three charged in deadly China bombing - Mar 31, 2012
- China promotes green burials - Mar 22, 2011
- Chinese man to die for keeping sex slaves - Jul 19, 2011
- Pakistan-China friendship going strong: Zardari - Jan 11, 2011
- Expedite Chinese power projects: Pakistan president - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: agriculture, asif ali zardari, business ties, cargo ships, china, chinese companies, chinese media, hydro electricity, long time, maintaining a positive attitude, pakistan, ports, rest of the world, time ally, warm waters