Zardari may propose intelligence sharing mechanism to Manmomah SinghJune 16th, 2009 - 1:43 pm ICT by ANI
Yekaterinburg, June 16 (ANI): Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari is likely to suggest an intelligence-sharing mechanism between Islamabad and New Delhi to the Indian Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh during their first meeting after 26/11 in Russia.
The Daily Times quoted Indian Foreign Secretary Shiv Shankar Menon, as saying that Dr. Singh and Zardari are set to resume formal bilateral contact on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation.
Official sources, however, said this is merely an opportunity to convey the Indian government’s concerns to Pakistan at the highest level.
The meeting between the two leaders was organized after the Pakistan high commissioner in New Delhi expressed Zardari’s wish to meet Dr Singh, they added.
Dr. Singh is expected to call upon the Pakistani leadership to take credible action against terrorism.
Dialogue was being resumed in line with Dr Singh’s vision of maintaining cordial relations with all of India’s neighbours, sources added. (ANI)
- Zardari likely to come on 'personal' visit to India (Lead) - Apr 01, 2012
- Amid improving ties, Zardari to meet Manmohan, visit Ajmer (Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
- Manmohan Singh to meet Zardari in Russia today - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan-Zardari meet to be official but it's not 'resumption of dialogue': Sources - Jun 15, 2009
- Resumption of talks not discussed with Pakistan: Menon - Jun 16, 2009
- PM to Zardari: Do not allow use of Pak territory for terror against India - Jun 16, 2009
- Pakistan hopes Manmohan-Zardari talks will push peace (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- After talks with Zardari, Manmohan says 'very happy to visit Pakistan' (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari likely to offer intelligence-sharing to India - Jun 16, 2009
- Manmohan-Zardari meeting: India to press for action against Saeed - Apr 03, 2012
- Manmohan Singh keeps ` his distance' from Zardari at SCO summit - Jun 16, 2009
- Zardari wants to visit Ajmer Sharif - Apr 01, 2012
- Potential game-changer: Manmohan yes to Pakistan visit (Roundup) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari trip good but should fetch results: Analysts - Apr 06, 2012
- Manmohan Singh meets Zardari - Aug 30, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, cordial relations, dialogue, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, first meeting, indian government, indian prime minister, intelligence, islamabad, manmohan, manmohan singh, menon, neighbours, New Delhi, pakistan high commissioner, s vision, shanghai cooperation organisation, sidelines, yekaterinburg