Zardari, Karzai pledge to battle terrorJuly 20th, 2011 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 20 (IANS) President Asif Ali Zardari and Afghan President Hamid Karzai have reiterated their commitment to continue the ongoing fight against terrorism till the restoration of regional peace.
A meeting between the two leaders was held Tuesday at the Presidential Palace in Kabul.
The meeting focused on a range of issues, including bilateral relations and regional situation with specific reference to Afghanistan’s scenario after US troops start leaving the country.
Zardari told his Afghan counterpart that Pakistan was a strong supporter of Afghanistan’s peace and stability, President’s spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said.
He said Pakistan believed that the solution to Afghan problem rested with its people who must be given an opportunity to decide about their future, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
- Pakistan to work with neighbours for peace: Zardari - Nov 02, 2011
- Zardari, Karzai review bilateral ties - Sep 02, 2011
- Australia to give $200 mn aid to Pakistan - May 21, 2012
- Zardari's father in critical condition - Mar 21, 2011
- Gilani-led Pakistani delegation in Kabul for talks - Apr 16, 2011
- Building mutual trust key to defeating terror: Zardari - Apr 27, 2012
- Islamabad hosts trilateral summit - Feb 16, 2012
- Pak asks Afghanistan to stop use of its soil for fanning insurgency in Balochistan - Jun 26, 2010
- Krishna heading to Istanbul for Afghan conference - Oct 31, 2011
- Top Pakistani leaders discuss terror situation - Jun 14, 2011
- Islamabad hosts trilateral summit (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Pakistan to seek $1 bn from NATO - May 20, 2012
- Afghanistan has suffered enough from terrorism: India - Oct 04, 2011
- Pakistani PM visits Afghanistan - Jul 19, 2012
- Karzai to brief India on new Taliban strategy - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: afghan president hamid, afghan president hamid karzai, afghanistan, asif ali zardari, babar, bilateral relations, counterpart, hamid karzai, kabul, pakistan, peace and stability, pledge, president hamid karzai, regional peace, regional situation, spokesperson, terror, terrorism