Zardari in no mood to extend Dogars tenure as Pak Chief JusticeFebruary 8th, 2009 - 5:49 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb.8 (ANI): The Pakistan Government is in no mood to extend the tenure of Chief Justice Abdul Hameed Dogar, The Daily Times reports.
According to Law Secretary Agha Rafeeq, President Asif Ali Zardari will announce the name of the next Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) soon.
Though Justice Sardar Raza Muhammad Khan is the senior-most judge after the incumbent chief justice, the decision about the next chief justice will be made by President Zardari, Rafeeq said.
Dogar was made Chief Justice in November 2007, after President General. Pervez Musharraf suspended 60 incumbent judges after announcing a state of emergency.
Meanwhile, ten judges of the Lahore High Court have been granted an extension of six months, a Pakistans Law and Justice Division statement said. (ANI)
- Verdict against judges who took oath after Musharraf declared emergency reserved - Jan 27, 2011
- Musharraf cronies, PPP backing Asma to beat Pak CJ loyalists in SCBA polls - Oct 27, 2010
- Sacked judges to resume their positions on March 22 - Mar 18, 2009
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Questioning Musharraf's martial law puts Zardari's oath under threat: Former Pak AG - Jul 28, 2009
- Pakistani chief justice finally meets President Zardari - Jun 06, 2009
- Review sought of Pakistani Supreme Court's verdict on emergency - Oct 29, 2009
- Zardari says 17th Amendment will be repealed - Mar 31, 2009
- Gilani contempt verdict to be announced April 26 - Apr 24, 2012
- LHC seeks Pak govt's reply on petition seeking Musharraf's trial for high treason - Nov 27, 2010
- President's office gives Zardari immunity against graft trial - Sep 25, 2010
- Gilani's appeal in contempt case rejected by apex court - Feb 10, 2012
- Pakistan's emergency era judges apologise to apex court - Oct 13, 2009
- Gilani stands disqualified as PM, rules Supreme Court (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: agha, asif ali zardari, chief justice of pakistan, cjp, general pervez musharraf, hameed, justice division, lahore high court, law and justice, law secretary, pakistan government, pervez musharraf, president general pervez musharraf, rafeeq, raza muhammad khan, sardar, six months, state of emergency, tenure