Zardari greets Hindus on DiwaliOctober 27th, 2011 - 2:55 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 27 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari Wednesday greeted the Hindus in the country on the occasion of Diwali and called for strengthening interfaith harmony and protecting rights of minorities.
“I wish to extend on my behalf, on behalf of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) and on behalf of the people of Pakistan heartiest greetings to the Hindu and scheduled castes community on the occasion of Diwali,” he said in a message.
“It is a time for celebration, but it is also a time for
reflection. Let us rededicate ourselves to continually striving in the path of good and noble,” the official APP news agency quoted Zardari as saying.
Referring to the devastating floods in Sindh, Zardari said: “The celebrations should serve to remind that we need to help those in need of help.”
“We partake in Diwali celebrations also for promoting interfaith harmony as a means to fight religious apartheid and those who seek to impose their ideological agenda on the people,” the president said.
“I also wish to reiterate our commitment to respect and uphold the UN resolution calling for interfaith harmony and the pledges made by the government and the party to safeguard the rights of all minorities,” he said.
Zardari said: “Let it be made clear yet again today that no one will be allowed to victimize and hound members of minority communities in the name of religion and faith.”
- On Diwali, Zardari vows to protect minorities (Lead) - Oct 27, 2011
- President, vice president greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, Vice President greet nation ahead of Mahavir Jayanti - Apr 15, 2011
- Zardari vows to work for interfaith harmony on Easter - Apr 24, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Mahavir Jayanti (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- Hamid Ansari greets people on Ram Navami - Apr 11, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Diwali - Oct 25, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- President, Vice President, PM greet nation on Ram Navami - Apr 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Janmashtami - Aug 09, 2012
- Leaders greet people on Pongal, Sankranti - Jan 14, 2012
- President greets nation on Guru Nanak jayanti - Nov 09, 2011
- Mukherjee greets Zardari on Pakistan's Independence Day - Aug 14, 2012
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: app news, asif ali zardari, celebration, diwali, diwali celebrations, faith, floods, greetings, harmony, hindu, hindus, islamabad, minority communities, news agency, pakistan peoples party, pledges, ppp, reflection, religious apartheid, rights of minorities