Zardari, Gilani not committed to unearthing Benazir’s murderers: ex political secretaryNovember 29th, 2010 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 29(ANI): Former Pakistan Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto’s political secretary, Nahid Khan, has alleged that President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani are not committed to providing justice in her assassination case.
“If President Zardari thinks that to arrest the killers of Benazir is vengeance, I will say it is not so, but it is justice,” the News quoted Nahid, as saying.
She further appealed to the PPP workers to extend her promise that they would expose Bhutto’s murderers.
“We are not scared of anyone and we will take revenge of Benazir Bhutto’s murder,” Nahid said.
Nahid’s comments came during a reception hosted by a PPP worker in Lahore on Sunday.
Bhutto was the first woman elected to lead a Muslim state, having twice been Pakistan Prime Minister (1988 to 1990 and 1993 to 1996).
She was assassinated on December 27, 2007, after a PPP rally in Rawalpindi, two weeks before the scheduled 2008 Pakistani general election in which she was a leading opposition candidate.
The following year she was named one of seven winners of the United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights. (ANI)
- Benazir Bhutto's aide's clarion call to PPP government to arrest her assassins - Nov 11, 2010
- PPP to observe Benazir's 58th birthday Tuesday - Jun 20, 2011
- Benazir killing probe almost complete: Gilani - Dec 28, 2011
- Pakistan remembers Benazir Bhutto - Dec 27, 2011
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- Zardari donates blood - Jun 22, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik - Mar 26, 2011
- Zardari's return may be cameo appearance, says NYT - Dec 20, 2011
- Aseefa to pick up slain mother's flag: Zardari - Dec 28, 2011
- Defence lawyer fails to appear in Benazir Bhutto case - Aug 27, 2011
- Benazir Bhutto's assassins arrested: Malik (Lead) - Mar 25, 2011
- Bhutto case: US journalist becomes witness - Sep 10, 2011
- UN report on Benazir Bhutto assassination "incomplete, unclear": Zardari - Dec 28, 2010
- Pak govt won't seek Musharraf's extradition through Interpol: PPP - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, benazir bhutto, first woman, general election, human rights, killers, murderers, muslim state, nahid, opposition candidate, pakistan, political secretary, prime minister, rally, raza, revenge, united nations, united nations prize, vengeance