Zardari, Gilani assure recovery of TaseerAugust 27th, 2011 - 5:30 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 27 (IANS) Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani have assured the family of late Punjab governor Salman Taseer that his abducted son would be rescued soon.
Shahbaz Taseer was abducted from Lahore’s Gulberg area Friday. He was travelling with a friend when four armed men abducted them at gunpoint. His friend, who was later released, told police about the kidnapping.
Shahbaz’s father, then Punjab governor Salman Taseer, was shot dead in January by one of his security guards, Mumtaz Qadri, because of Taseer’s opposition to Pakistan’s blasphemy law and his defence of a Christian woman sentenced to death on charges of blasphemy.
Gilani telephoned Salman Taseer’s daughter Sherbano and assured her that all efforts would be made to recover her brother, the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) reported.
He asked Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif to make all efforts to rescue Shahbaz.
Zardari telephoned Amina Taseer, widow of Salman Taseer, and told her that efforts would be made to recover her son.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik also said the government would leave no stone unturned in rescuing Taseer.
- Five held in Taseer kidnapping case in Pakistan - Aug 28, 2011
- Gilani meets slain governor's family - Aug 30, 2011
- Slain Pakistani governor's son kidnapped - Aug 26, 2011
- Sherry Rehman appointed Pakistan's envoy to US - Nov 23, 2011
- Salman Taseer's assassin gets death sentence - Oct 01, 2011
- Judge who sentenced governor's killer flees Pakistan - Oct 25, 2011
- 'Courageous' Salmaan Taseer's sacrifice will not go waste: Zardari - Jan 07, 2011
- Three-day mourning in Pakistan for Punjab governor - Jan 04, 2011
- Taseer's killer was declared security risk in 2004 - Jan 13, 2011
- When two women Pakistani lawmakers squabbled - Sep 13, 2011
- Taseer's assassin guarded Zardari, Gilani even after being declared security risk: Report - Jan 13, 2011
- Governor Taseer's assassin produced before terrorism court - Jan 06, 2011
- Former Governor Of Pakistan Salman Taseer Shot Dead - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistani TV channels fined for interviews of Taseer's killer - Jan 11, 2011
- Punjab governor, critic of Islamist militancy, killed by guard (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: abducted, armed men, asif ali zardari, blasphemy law, brother, chief minister, christian woman, gulberg, gunpoint, interior minister, islamabad, lahore, opposition, pakistan, prime minister, raza, rehman malik, salman taseer, security guards, sharif