Zardari ‘dirty but not dangerous’, Sharif ‘dangerous but not dirty’: Abu Dhabi Crown PrinceNovember 30th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Nov 30 (ANI): According to the latest revelations made by whistleblower website WikiLeaks, the crown prince of Abu Dhabi described Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari as “dirty but not dangerous” and former prime minister Nawaz Sharif as “dangerous but not dirty”.
In July 2009, Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed, Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces and de facto defence chief, said that Zardari was “dirty but not dangerous,” The Nation reported.
Sharif was “dangerous but not dirty - this is Pakistan”, maintained Zayed, adding that the former premier, who heads the main opposition party to Zardari, could not be trusted to honour his promises.
According to leaks, a rail link between Iran and Pakistan would be delayed for the foreseeable future because of unrest from Baloch nationalists in both countries.
“The current rail connection, running between Quetta, Pakistan and Zahedan, Iran is in poor condition and has low freight-carrying capacity. Moreover, according to reports it has recently been repeatedly subject to rocket attacks and other disruption by Balochi tribes,” it said.
Likewise, a natural gas pipeline agreement between Iran and Pakistan, signed with great fanfare earlier this year, is unlikely to bear fruit anytime soon because “the Pakistanis don’t have the money to pay for either the pipeline, or the gas”.
These revelations are part of a massive dump of more than 250,000 diplomatic cables by the WikiLeaks, providing candid and at times critical views of foreign leaders as well as sensitive information on terrorism and nuclear proliferation filed by US diplomats. (ANI)
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
- Wikileaks expose: Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran - Nov 29, 2010
- 'It is rubbish that the petroleum portfolio was taken from me': Aiyar - Mar 28, 2011
- UAE greets India, Pakistan on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- PML-N refutes Zardari's claim of Shahbaz tipping off JUD prior to asset freeze order - Dec 02, 2010
- Saudi rulers looking for 'another Musharraf' in place of 'rotten head' Zardari as Pak ruler - Dec 02, 2010
- Saudi king's 'rotten' Zardari greatest obstacle to Pak progress remark may hit ties - Nov 29, 2010
- UAE, China hold bilateral talks - Mar 30, 2012
- UAE mourns death of Saudi crown prince - Jun 16, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE, US discuss bilateral relations - Sep 17, 2011
- Queen Elizabeth greets UAE on national day - Dec 01, 2011
- World Future Energy Summit opens in Abu Dhabi - Jan 18, 2011
- Jeremy Renner is in talks with DreamWorks about taking up a role in WikiLeaks film - Jul 24, 2012
- US, Israel discussed impact of Musharraf's fall on India-Pakistan ties: WikiLeaks - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,