Zardari betrayed us, says SharifFebruary 27th, 2009 - 2:40 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb.27 (ANI): Former Pakistan Prime Minister and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said that President Asif Ali Zardari betrayed him and his brother Shahbaz Khan by enforcing a false decision of disqualifying them from contesting elections.
Addressing a public rally for the first time in Sheikhupura, after the Supreme Courts verdict, Sharif said: We were betrayed not by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), but by President Zardari.
Meanwhile, the PML-N has decided to stage nationwide protest rallies and meetings against the apex courts verdict and imposition of Governors rule in Punjab province.
Sharif termed the judges announcing the verdict as fake.
Shahbaz is still the legal and constitutional chief minister of Punjab as fake judges could not declare him ineligible, The Daily Times quoted Sharif, as saying. (ANI)
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- Sharifs provocative statements could spell disaster for Pakistan: Rehman - Feb 27, 2009
- PPP wants Nawaz to apologise for keeping Zardari in jail over 'fake cases' - Nov 23, 2010
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif to challenge Pakistani Kashmir voters list - Jun 28, 2011
- Zardari convenes 'emergency meeting' of PPP Punjab ministers - Feb 25, 2011
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- Gilani hurt his own dignity: Sharif - Jun 20, 2012
- Petition challenges removal of seven PPP ministers from Pak Punjab cabinet - Mar 04, 2011
- Sharif blames 'traitor of democracy' Zardari for all of Pakistan's problems - Feb 24, 2011
- Resign or be hanged: PML-N warns Zardari - Oct 29, 2011
- Imran Khan threatens civil disobedience in Pakistan - Jan 03, 2011
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- PML-N parts ways with PPP in Pakistan's Punjab - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: ali, apex, brother, chief minister of punjab, elections, governors, imposition, nawaz sharif, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pakistan peoples party, pml n, ppp, prime minister, protest rallies, public rally, sheikhupura, supreme courts