Zardari asks people of Pakistan to unite against terrorismJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 5:51 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.2 (ANI): Worried by the internal conflicts in the country, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has asked the public of Pakistan to put aside their differences and unite in fighting the war against terrorism.
At a meeting with the delegation of representatives, the Zardari said: The Taliban must be defeated to restore peace and stability in the country.
The recent upsurge in the activities of the Taliban in tribal areas has raised fears of a conflict between the military and the Taliban militants.
He stated that a high-level body to co-ordinate efforts in countering the threat posed by the Taliban would be established in the country, the Daily Times reported.
The National Commission for Counter-Terrorism would work to prepare and execute strategies against terrorism and terror outfits.
Zardari stressed on the need of an umbrella organisation to co-ordinate the work between the ISI and the intelligence bureau, saying: A one-window task force is required to coordinate the counter-terrorism efforts of these agencies.(ANI)
- Pakistan denies military double game with Taliban - Feb 18, 2012
- Building mutual trust key to defeating terror: Zardari - Apr 27, 2012
- LeT poses formidable terrorist threat to India, US - Jul 01, 2011
- Zardari hopes to 'educate' Cameron on Pak suffering from terrorism - Aug 05, 2010
- 'Pakistan's counter-terror betrays utter lack of strategy' - Sep 06, 2012
- Pak military indirectly rejects damning US 'war on terror' report, ISI double-game - Apr 27, 2011
- Zardari welcomes India-Pakistan talks' outcome - Jul 30, 2011
- LeT still going strong in Pakistan's terror core: US (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- India courts Tajikistan to swing Afghan endgame - Aug 31, 2012
- ISI to reserve reaction to 'terrorist label' for time being - Apr 27, 2011
- US announces 2 billion dollars as military aid to Pakistan - Oct 22, 2010
- Pakistan seeks joint strategy with US in Afghanistan - Jun 13, 2011
- Top Pakistan Army officers meet - Aug 11, 2012
- ISI hired Headley to spy on India, Mumbai attacks: report - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Complete chaos reigns in Pak intelligence agencies' working' - Nov 01, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, conflict, counter terrorism, country pakistan, delegation, fears, intelligence bureau, internal conflicts, isi, peace and stability, taliban, task force, terror, tribal areas, umbrella organisation, war against terrorism