Zardari arrives in Chicago for NATO summit (Lead)May 20th, 2012 - 6:45 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 20 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari has arrived in Chicago to attend a key NATO summit starting Sunday.
Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar and Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbass Jilani are accompanying him, Geo TV reported Sunday.
US President Barack Obama will host the two-day summit that will focus on plans to hand over security control to Afghan forces and withdrawal of foreign combat troops by 2014.
The coalition has urged Pakistan to back efforts to stabilize Afghanistan and hoped Islamabad will lift a six-month blockade of NATO supply trucks to Afghanistan.
It was put in place after a NATO air raid on two Pakistani border posts in November last year killed 26 Pakistani soldiers.
NATO has also urged Pakistan to do more to prevent Afghan insurgents from taking shelter in the country.
- Zardari arrives in Chicago for NATO summit - May 20, 2012
- Zardari-NATO chief meet postponed due to plane delay - May 20, 2012
- Pakistan to seek $1 bn from NATO - May 20, 2012
- Zardari to attend NATO summit in Chicago - May 18, 2012
- Zardari leaves for US to attend NATO summit - May 18, 2012
- Krishna to visit Pakistan Sep 7-9, Jundal shadow over talks - Jul 24, 2012
- Krishna-Khar talks: Terror, 26/11 India's 'core concerns' (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Krishna meets Khar, discusses terror - Jul 08, 2012
- No secret deal with US on NATO route reopening: Khar - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan acknowledge 'more needs to be done' - Sep 07, 2012
- Pakistan condemns Taliban attacks in Afghanistan - Apr 17, 2012
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Pakistan's boycott won't affect cooperation: Karzai - Dec 06, 2011
- Terrorism, trade, visas to top India-Pakistan talks (Lead) - Sep 06, 2012
- Funeral held for Pakistani soldiers - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,