Zardari arrives in Ajmer, heads for dargahApril 8th, 2012 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
Ajmer, April 8 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari arrived Sunday afternoon in Rajasthan’s Ajmer town to offer prayers at the dargah of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti.
The Indian Air Force Mi-17 helicopter in which Zardari travelled from Jaipur landed at the Ajmer helipad after 4 p.m. and he left in a convoy for the dargah, 12 km away.
A Pakistan Air Force jet had earlier flown Zardari to Jaipur after a two hour visit to New Delhi after Prime Minister Manmohan Singh hosted a lunch for him after their talks that lasted 40 minutes.
- Keep windows shut, shops closed: Ajmer residents told - Apr 08, 2012
- Sarabjit's kin in Ajmer, seek his release - Apr 08, 2012
- Tight security in place in Delhi, Ajmer for Zardari visit - Apr 07, 2012
- Send Chisty to Pakistan, Zardari tells Manmohan - Apr 14, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- Enjoyed lunch with Rahul and PM: tweets Bilawal Bhutto (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Pakistan hails Indian bail to doctor - Apr 09, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Bail to Chisty comes at a significant time, says nephew - Apr 09, 2012
- Ajmer shrine finally receives Zardari's $1 mn donation - Aug 18, 2012
- 3,000 cops deployed at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- 2,000 cops deployed for Zardari's Delhi visit - Apr 06, 2012
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari donation will be for 'noble causes': Ajmer dargah (With Image) - Apr 09, 2012
- Ajmer agog with impending Zardari visit - Apr 08, 2012
Tags: air force jet, asif ali zardari, convoy, dargah ajmer, helicopter, helipad, indian air force, lunch, manmohan, manmohan singh, moinuddin chisti, New Delhi, pakistan air force, prayers, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajasthan, sufi saint, sunday afternoon