Zardari admits killed Mumbai attackers may have been born in Pakistan

April 8th, 2009 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI  

Taliban London, Apr.8 (ANI): For the first time Pakistan has admitted that nine terrorists who were killed in the commando operation during the November 26-29 siege in Mumbai last year may have been born in Pakistan.

In an interview to The Independent, Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari said that Islamabad is fully co-operating with New Delhi in the 26/11 investigations, which is still on.

When enquired about the nine militants whose bodies still lie in a morgue in Mumbai as Pakistan refused to accept them as its citizens, Zardari said: “Our investigation is continuing. Some of these terrorists may in fact have been born in Pakistan. But we believe that this operation was international, with significant support from within India itself.”

Commenting on the Swat peace deal, he said the deal was aimed to disengage public demand for swifter justice from support for the Taliban.

“I think it would be premature to call it a bad deal. It’s an evolving situation,” Zardari added. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in South Asia |

Subscribe