Youngsters with explosive-laden school bags set for suicide strikes across Pak PunjabApril 8th, 2010 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr.8 (ANI): Pakistani intelligence agencies have warned of new tactics being adopted by militants, according to which they may use school bags to trigger devastating blasts instead of suicide vests.
Sources said that intelligence agencies have warned the concerned authorities that militants may use youngsters with school bags as suicide bombers to target important installations in Punjab and other regions of the country.
Banned terror groups including the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), Jaish-e-Muhammad, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, Harkat Al-Mujahideen, and Harkat Al-Ansar have sent suicide bombers to different cities of the Punjab province, including Lahore, The Daily Times reports.
Earlier, intelligence agencies also warned of possible terror strikes in Karachi’s commercial hub, the Bohri Bazaar area, in the month of April.
According to sources, agencies have received intelligence inputs regarding possible terror attacks by the Taliban within a week.
Sources said intelligence agencies in their communiqué to the concerned authorities have also warned that militants fighting in the law less tribal region have already sent suicide bombers to wreak havoc in the country’s financial capital.
A top Sindh government official, who refused to be named, confirmed receiving the intelligence warning, and said police officials have been asked to beef up security across the region. (ANI)
- Extremists likely to target NAB offices, ATC in Punjab: Pak security agencies - Mar 12, 2010
- Pakistani extremists joining Taliban, Al Qaeda: Rehman Malik - May 30, 2010
- 'Banned terror outfits highly active in Pak Punjab, functioning under new names' - Jul 12, 2010
- Banned terror outfits behind recent attacks in Pak Punjab: Intelligence report - Jul 12, 2010
- LeT, JeM ,Taliban troika posing existential threat to Pak - Oct 16, 2009
- Federal level intervention needed to counter growing terror in Pak's Punjab - Jun 01, 2010
- Pak Army, ISI unwilling to take on Taliban despite being their direct target - Mar 09, 2011
- Pakistani forces hunt for militants after intelligence men killed - Nov 13, 2011
- Porn films seized from Taliban's 'jihadi' hideout : Malik - Dec 12, 2009
- TTP amazingly not among 17 terror groups targeted in Pak Punjab Govt. crack down - Jul 05, 2010
- Taliban, Lashkar-e-Jhangvi plan suicide attacks across Pakistan on Eid - Nov 13, 2010
- Pak intelligence agencies warns of attack on security agencies in Punjab - May 10, 2010
- Militants planning to target law enforcers in Pak Punjab - May 17, 2010
- Nearly 400 terror suspects likely to be released in Pak Punjab due to lack of evidence - Aug 26, 2010
- Lashkar-e-Jhangvi splitting into eight cells - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: bazaar, commercial hub, government official, jaish, lahore, militants, month of april, pakistani intelligence agencies, police officials, punjab province, school bags, sindh government, suicide bombers, suicide strikes, terror attacks, terror groups, terror strikes, ttp, vests, youngsters