Workshop on Keralas ancient martial arts to be held in DubaiMarch 5th, 2009 - 5:23 pm ICT by ANI
Dubai, Mar 5 (ANI): A world class instructor from Germany is set to hold a workshop on Keralas ancient martial arts Kalarippayat in Dubai this weekend.
Gerhard Schmid, the instructor based in Hamburg, is offering a Kalari foundations workshop on March 6 and 7 at the Zen Yoga studio in Dubai Media City.
Kalarippayat is an intact oral lineage as old as Yoga and Ayurveda, and utilises many of the same principles and wisdoms … A warrior tradition, Kalari is a powerful meditation in movement, developing strength, coordination, and cardiovascular fitness, Gulf News quoted Schmid, as saying.
Kalari has a systematic approach to training the complete Self: the body, the emotions and the mind, he added. (ANI)
- Welcoming footballer Ricky Williams to Hinduism, Hindus ask NFL to make yoga part of player training - Sep 11, 2010
- Yoga has "avatars" in America - Jan 10, 2011
- Indian yoga enthusiasts harassed by Dubai park security - Mar 24, 2011
- India-China martial arts meet at Shaolin temple - Jun 21, 2010
- There is "Jewish Yoga" in America - Jan 31, 2011
- Argentinians sing bhajans in their own Hastinapur (Feature) - Jul 07, 2011
- Hindu group stirs debate over yoga's 'ownership' - Nov 28, 2010
- A thicker brain helps fend off pain - Feb 25, 2010
- Zen meditation reduces sensitivity to pain - Feb 25, 2010
- Meditate the way you like best - Jul 08, 2012
- Martial arts and meditation come to Indian theatre - Mar 06, 2011
- Why meditation makes our brain smarter? - Mar 23, 2012
- Hindus welcome Catholics to yoga - Feb 26, 2010
- Yoga helps elderly stroke victims improve balance, endurance - Jun 05, 2011
- Many Christian churches in USA offer yoga - Nov 28, 2010
Tags: ancient martial arts, ayurveda, cardiovascular fitness, class instructor, coordination, dubai media city, emotions, foundations, germany, gulf news, hamburg, kalarippayat, lineage, meditation, systematic approach, warrior tradition, yoga and ayurveda, yoga studio, zen