Won’t let anyone derail democracy: GilaniJune 17th, 2012 - 5:12 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 17 (IANS) Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said although conspiracies are being hatched to undermine democracy, his Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) will not let this happen, Geo News reported.
Addressing a public meeting Saturday in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province’s Mardan city, Gilani said some elements also conspired to stop the Senate elections and the fifth budget, but they failed.
He said the anti-PPP schemes began since the party came to power in 2008 and attempts had also been made to defeat the party in the general elections.
- Some want to delay senate polls: Gilani - Feb 04, 2012
- Five in race for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Zardari picks Shahabuddin as Pakistan PM - Jun 21, 2012
- No clash if institutions stick to statute, says Gilani - Dec 27, 2011
- Zardari fields Shahabuddin for Pakistan PM's post (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Time for mid-term polls has passed: Gilani - Jul 04, 2011
- Pakistan elects senators (Lead) - Mar 02, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistan reverses fuel price hike - Jan 07, 2011
- Ex-PM Gilani's son wins by-poll - Jul 20, 2012
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- New poll panel chief after consensus: Pakistani PM - Feb 01, 2012
- Pakistan may launch anti-terror operation - Jun 08, 2012
- Gilani verdict to be appealed: Minister - Apr 26, 2012
- Verdict inappropriate, says Gilani - Apr 26, 2012