Woman pilot hurt in Pakistan Air Force plane crash (Lead)January 25th, 2012 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 25 (IANS) A woman pilot and her flight coordinator were injured when a Pakistan Air Force training aircraft crashed Wednesday in Punjab province, a media report said.
The small aircraft crashed in Mianwali at about 10.20 a.m. when the woman pilot was on a routine training mission with her flight coordinator, reported Xinhua citing a TV report.
Eyewitnesses said the plane caught fire before crashing to the ground.
The training aircraft, Mushshak, is a plane manufactured by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex. The MFI-17 Mushshak (The Proficient) is a light-weight, robust, two/three seater, single engine, predominantly all metal aircraft with tricycle fixed landing gear.
At present over 200 Mushshak planes are in service in the Pakistan Air Force.
The plane is used for training the student pilots about the fundamentals of aircraft operation and night flying.
- Four pilots killed as two PAF planes collide (Lead) - May 17, 2012
- Pakistani woman fighter pilot hurt in crash (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Pakistani fighter jet crashes - Aug 16, 2011
- IAF Mirage combat jet crashes, pilots safely bail out (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- IAF Mirage jet crashes, fleet grounded temporarily (Third Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Two pilots killed in Pakistani military air crash (Lead) - Mar 05, 2009
- Fighter jet crashes in Pakistan - May 11, 2012
- Two die in IAF plane crash (Lead) - Aug 04, 2011
- IAF Mirage-2000 crashes, pilots bail out (Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Fighter plane crashes in Pakistan, one killed - Aug 15, 2011
- India test flies naval variant of LCA (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Su-30 fighter crashes in Russia, crew safe - Feb 28, 2012
- Russian plane with 44 missing in Indonesia (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- HAL relives first fighter's maiden flight 50 years ago - Jun 17, 2011
- Have few flight paths over populated areas: Pakistani daily - May 19, 2012
Tags: air force plane, air force training, aircraft operation, eyewitnesses, flight coordinator, metal aircraft, mfi, mianwali, pakistan aeronautical complex, pakistan air force, plane crash, planes, small aircraft, student pilots, tv report, woman pilot, xinhua