Woman nabbed from Abbottabad house being quizzedMay 3rd, 2011 - 1:21 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 3 (IANS) A woman who was nabbed from the mansion in Pakistan’s Abbottabad city where US commandos killed Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has said she moved in a few months ago.
Dawn quoted an official as saying that the woman “who spoke a smattering of English said they had moved to the compound a few months ago”.
“But we would want to know how did they come to this place,” he said.
Osama’s two wives were among those who were left behind after the swift 40 minute operation by US Navy SEALs.
A third woman, who was wounded, was taken to a military hospital.
The official said that nine children - boys and girls aged between 2 and 12 years - were also detained.
Those who have been detained at the mansion are going to be questioned.
“We would want to know the whole story. How and when did the entire band come to this part of the region? Where was bin Laden all these years? And was he actually there when the assault took place?” the official said.
“There are a whole set of questions which need to be answered.”
- Zardari says Osama raid only US operation, hunt for house owner (Lead) - May 03, 2011
- Osama killed by own guard in line with his will to avert capture? - May 03, 2011
- Pakistan envoy for probe into Osama hideout - May 08, 2011
- Was it Osama's wife or daughter who played human shield? - May 04, 2011
- Osama had lived for some time in village near Abbottabad - May 07, 2011
- Rocket fired near Pakistan Military Academy - Jan 27, 2012
- Pakistan questions Osama widows, daughters - Oct 05, 2011
- Hunt on for owner of mansion where Osama was hiding - May 03, 2011
- Osama bin Laden killed, Pakistan kept in dark (Roundup) - May 02, 2011
- Bank accounts of doctor who helped track Osama sealed - Feb 25, 2012
- US commando clicked dead Osama's picture - May 03, 2011
- Pakistan provided information on Osama courier, claims governor - May 05, 2011
- Osama met Al Qaeda, Taliban leaders at Abbottabad house - May 15, 2011
- Osama was unarmed but killed as he resisted, says US (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Still not clear why, how Osama was in Abbottabad: Daily - Jul 23, 2012