With administration least concerned, foreign brothels flourishing in IslamabadMay 30th, 2009 - 7:27 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, May 30 (ANI): Several brothels are being run in the capital city despite the media’s relentless efforts to report and stop these flesh centers from operating.
A number of brothels have mushroomed in many posh localities of the city, and it seems that the administration, despite having all information in this regard, has turned a blind eye towards it.
What is more shocking that these human flesh trading centers are being run by foreigners from Central Asian countries including Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzystan, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Iran, China and Philippines, but even this has not attracted the attention of concerned authorities.
“The local police are involved in the trade, first they launch crackdowns against the brothels and force them to wind up. Later, the matter is settled through heavy bribes and culprits are allowed to operate from some other venue once the dust is settled,” The Nation reports.
However, officials said that they don’t have any substantial proof regarding the issue.
They said that nobody wanted to complain about this heinous activity, and even if some one lodges a complaint about it, they urge their names not to be disclosed.
“People lodge complaints against the brothels with the requests about their identity not to be disclosed and we can’t take action unless there is a witness,” police officials said.
It may be noted that the number of foreign brothels in Pakistan is increasing at an alarming of 20 percent per year due to the ever increasing global human trafficking. (ANI)
- Most CIS states sign free trade zone agreement - Oct 19, 2011
- Experts advocate 'cooperative geopolitics' with Central Asia - Jan 18, 2012
- Human rights violated across former Soviet Union: Amnesty - May 24, 2012
- India issues advisory for students bound for Eurasia - Oct 19, 2011
- A social activist's struggle to save women - Sep 21, 2011
- Prince Andrew's 'close friendship' with brutal billionaire dictator revealed - Mar 09, 2011
- China plans a new Silk Road - Apr 15, 2011
- Nepal okays Trans-Asia Railway Network pact - Dec 21, 2011
- SCO summit convenes in Beijing - Jun 05, 2012
- CIS leaders call for free trade deal, peaceful end to conflicts - Sep 03, 2011
- Iran spied upon from centres in neighbouring countries: MP - Nov 10, 2011
- World Boxing meet: 72 boxers qualify for London Olympics - Oct 07, 2011
- Russia seeks India, Pakistan to join SCO - May 12, 2012
- Russia wants India, Pakistan in SCO (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- US concerned over religious freedom in Russia - Mar 21, 2012
Tags: asian countries, authorities, azerbaijan, blind eye, bribes, brothels, culprits, foreigners, human flesh, human trafficking, localities, lodge complaints, philippines, police officials, relentless efforts, substantial proof, tajikistan, turkmenistan uzbekistan, venue, witness