Wife of Pak man shot by American diplomat in Lahore commits suicideFebruary 7th, 2011 - 1:01 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Feb 7(ANI): The wife of one of the two men gunned down by US diplomat Raymond Davis in Lahore last month, has committed suicide by eating rat poison.
According to the Daily Times, Shumaila Kanwal, widow of Muhammad Faheem, was driven to the act by fears that Davis would be freed without trial.
The 18-year-old died several hours after being rushed to the Allied Hospital in Faisalabad.
“I do not expect any justice from this government. That is why I want to kill myself,” Kanwal said in a statement recorded by a doctor the hospital.
“I want blood for blood. The way my husband was shot, his killer should be shot in the same fashion,” she added.
Faheem’s brother, Mohammad Waseem, said that Kanwal was in “severe depression” following her husband’s death.
“She swallowed the pills before dawn and was rushed to the hospital,” Waseem said.
Davis was arrested on January 27 after shooting dead Faheem and Faizan Haider, claiming that he acted in self-defence fearing they were about to rob him. (ANI)
- US official firing case: Victim's widow commits suicide (Lead) - Feb 06, 2011
- US regrets widow's suicide but insists Pak frees murder-accused diplomat - Feb 08, 2011
- US official firing case: Widow of victim attempts suicide - Feb 06, 2011
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Two US law experts meet Davis, discuss legal issues in double murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Lahore shooting: Probe calls US official's bluff - Feb 15, 2011
- Davis' release challenged in Lahore High Court - Mar 17, 2011
- Davis pardoned, released in accordance with Pakistani law: White House - Mar 17, 2011
- Murder attempt on Shumaila's uncle for refusing to patch-up with Davis - Feb 24, 2011
- Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt's efforts in Davis case - Mar 09, 2011
- 'Kin want blood for blood, not payoff over double murder-accused Raymond Davis' - Feb 21, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- Kin of Davis's victims missing, Pakistani court told - Mar 22, 2011
- Saudi envoy comes up with 'Raymond Davis offer' to bail Pak, US - Mar 10, 2011
- Pak court indicts Raymond Davis for double murder - Mar 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,