Widow of Lahore shootout victim not satisfied with Punjab Govt’s efforts in Davis caseMarch 9th, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Mar 9(ANI): Zahra Faizan, the widow of one of the victims shot dead by US official Raymond Davis in Lahore on January 27, has expressed her dissatisfaction over the efforts made the Punjab Government in the double murder case.
CIA contractor Davis had killed 22-year-old Faizan Haider and 26-year-old Faheem Shamshad, allegedly in self-defence against their robbery attempt.
Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) Chief Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain and former Punjab Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi held a meeting with Faizan’s widow Zahra in Lahore.
Talking to media persons after the meeting, Zahra said that she was not satisfied with the case as yet, and complained that the Punjab government was not working sincerely in the Raymond Davis case, The Express Tribune reports.
However, she expressed satisfaction over the judiciary’s role in the Davis case.
Zahra demanded that the Punjab government should bring the culprits to justice, and also thanked the PML-Q leaders for their support.
Meanwhile, Chaudhry Shujaat announced to bear the expenses of Zahra’s family for life. (ANI)
- Lahore HC dismisses application moved by brother of Davis' victim - Mar 11, 2011
- Benazir's 'assassin' being made Pakistan's Deputy PM: Qureshi - May 01, 2011
- PML-Q demands open debate in Pak Punjab Assembly on Raymond Davis' release - Mar 22, 2011
- Nawaz, Shahbaz Sharif defaulters in nine Pakistani banks - May 17, 2010
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Pak court indicts Raymond Davis for double murder - Mar 16, 2011
- Wife of Pak man shot by American diplomat in Lahore commits suicide - Feb 07, 2011
- Lahore HC seeks explanation on 'disappearance' of heirs of Davis shootout victims - Mar 21, 2011
- Pak-US relations can't be held hostage to Raymond Davis case: Gilani - Mar 13, 2011
- Davis' release challenged in Lahore High Court - Mar 17, 2011
- Two US law experts meet Davis, discuss legal issues in double murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- 'Bankrupt' Pak Punjab Govt. has no money to pay salaries to employees: PML-Q - Jun 04, 2010
- Davis pardoned, released in accordance with Pakistani law: White House - Mar 17, 2011
- Blame game erupts between PML-N, PML-Q over Raymond Davis' acquittal - Mar 17, 2011
- Musharraf has 'lost his senses' after losing dictatorship: Raja Riaz - Oct 10, 2010
Tags: cia, cia contractor, culprits, dissatisfaction, double murder case, haider, january 27, judiciary, media persons, pakistan muslim league, pml, punjab chief minister, punjab government, punjab govt, raymond davis, robbery attempt, satisfaction, self defence, zahra