What’s in a name? Ask Musharraf and Pir Pagara!September 21st, 2010 - 5:13 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Sept 21 (ANI): The formation of the All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), the new faction emerging from the merger of PML-Q and PML-F, under the leadership of Pir Pagara, is likely to trigger a ‘name war’ between former President Parvez Musharraf and the merged party, as Musharraf is set to announce his own political party with the same name on October 1.
Though Musharraf has not established his party so far, he had declared that his party would be called “All Pakistan Muslim League”, prior to an announcement made by Shujaat and Pagara regarding the merger of their parties, The Nation reported.
As a matter of fact, both the political gurus rushed to the decision about the party name, leaving Musharraf behind in the name race.
The newly established party’s leader- Mushahid Hussain- claimed that there were three Muslim Leagues registered with the Election Commission of Pakistan - the PML-N, PML-Q and the PML-F- of which the latter two had now merged into one party named APML.
Interestingly, Musharraf has already applied to the Election Commission of Pakistan for registering his own party by the name of All Pakistan Muslim League. However, the scenario after October 1, when the former president will formally announce the formation of his party with the same name, it is yet to be seen. (ANI)
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010
- Pir Pagara asks Gilani to 'quit honourably' as PPP loses majority - Jan 03, 2011
- Musharraf to return to Pak to join unified Muslim League, not for presidency: Pir Pagara - Sep 23, 2010
- "Patriotic" Pak Army needs no invitation for intervening in politics: PML-F - Sep 17, 2010
- Breakthrough eludes Gilani in Pakistan's political crisis (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- Musharraf expected to announce return to Pak in September - Aug 02, 2010
- Corruption, lack of governance threaten Pakistan government - Sep 18, 2010
- Musharraf's supporters in disarray after talks with PML-Q chief fail - May 25, 2010
- Pakistan on the brink of economic collapse, says PML-Q - Jan 22, 2011
- Musharraf planning return to Pak but keeps card close to chest - May 21, 2010
- Musharraf in Dubai to meet 'old friends' to garner support for political ambition - Jul 05, 2010
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- Musharraf will not be invited to join PML alliance: PML Secretary General - Oct 04, 2010
- PML-Q lays out five-point agenda for Pak Govt to resurrect nation's economy - Jan 20, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,