‘Waziristan terrorists hiding along unchecked national highways, motorways in Lahore’September 6th, 2010 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Sep 6(ANI): A large number of terrorists, who escaped from Waziristan, are reportedly hiding in “base camps” located along national highways and motorways in Lahore.
According to reports, the Punjab government has now issued directions for taking stern action in this regard.
Law enforcement agencies believe that some “big fish” and several suicide bombers are hiding in these areas, from where they are operating their networks and making plans to conduct various attacks, The Daily Times reports.
The agencies said that the terrorists enter provincial hubs by crossing checkposts at odd times, especially immediately after fajr prayers when the officials at checkposts have finished their duties.
Sources said that law enforcement agencies in the province were considering launching a well-coordinated large-scale operation to hunt down the possible terrorist hubs.
US drone attacks have reportedly forced militants to leave North and South Waziristan tribal districts, known hubs for Taliban and Al-Qaeda linked militants.
Over 1,000 people have been killed in over 100 drone strikes in Pakistan’s northwestern tribal belt since August 2008. (ANI)
- Pakistani Taliban leader possibly killed in U.S. drone strike - Jan 16, 2012
- Two policemen die, 12 hurt in Pakistan suicide bomb attack - Nov 01, 2010
- 10 militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Sep 14, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- Eight killed by US drones in Pakistan - Oct 16, 2010
- 13 die in drone strike in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- US aborted drone attack on Sirajuddin Haqqani in Pak over fear of civilian deaths - Feb 23, 2011
- Pakistan Taliban kill five soldiers - Oct 15, 2010
- Five killed in drone attack in Pakistan - Nov 21, 2010
- 'Pak may launch military offensive in N.Waziristan Agency in 6 months' - Dec 21, 2010
- Three militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 12, 2010
- Huge Pakistan rally demands halt to US drone strikes - Oct 28, 2011
- 51 killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan - Dec 18, 2010
- Five militants killed in US drone strike in Pak's North Waziristan region - Dec 07, 2010
- U.S. missile strikes kill five militants in northeastern Pakistan - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: al qaeda, base camps, drone, fajr, hubs, law enforcement agencies, national highways, odd times, pakistan, prayers, punjab government, regard, south waziristan, stern action, strikes, suicide bombers, taliban, terrorists, tribal belt, tribal districts