Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell ManmohanApril 8th, 2012 - 1:16 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 8 (IANS) President Asif Ali Zardari will invite Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to visit Pakistan when the two leaders meet Sunday, a media report said here.
All issues between the two countries, including Siachen, Sir Creek, visa liberalisation, trade, water and the regional situation, could be discussed when the two leaders meet over lunch in New Delhi, Geo News reported citing diplomatic sources.
An invitation to Manmohan Singh to visit Pakistan will be reiterated in the meeting. Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar, during her visit to India in July 2011, had extended an invite to the Indian prime minister.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani had twice invited his Indian counterpart to visit Pakistan - during the SAARC summit in Maldives in November 2011 and during the Nuclear Security Summit in Seoul in March.
In the first presidential visit from Pakistan in the last seven years, Zardari, accompanied by an over 40-member delegation, flies to New Delhi.
Zardari would head straight to the prime minister’s official residence at 7 Race Course Road for the one-on-one talks, followed by lunch with senior members of the delegation. He would later fly to Ajmer to offer prayers at the revered shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti.
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Gilani, Kayani meet Zardari before he flies to India - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012
- Manmohan, Zardari to discuss 'important' issues - Apr 07, 2012
- Zardari-Manmohan to talk, India wants Saeed probed (Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Zardari to invite Manmohan to Pakistan, all issues on table - Apr 07, 2012
- PM tells Zardari to pray for peace, tweets Sushma - Apr 08, 2012
- India presses Pakistan to probe Saeed's 26/11 role (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Khar heads to Ajmer for prayers Thursday (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- Manmohan must visit Pakistan to maintain momentum: daily - Apr 09, 2012
- One-on-one: Manmohan, Zardari to raise bar for ties - Apr 06, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- India asks Pakistan to release Sarabjit - Aug 11, 2011
- Talks on bilateral issues likely during Zardari visit: Krishna - Apr 06, 2012
- Zardari visit: Pakistan hopes for peace; says no compromise on Kashmir - Apr 05, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, diplomatic sources, geo news, gilani, indian counterpart, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, khar, manmohan, manmohan singh, member delegation, moinuddin chishti, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, regional situation, saarc summit, security summit, siachen, sir creek, yousuf