Valentine Day roses doing roaring business in Islamic PakistanFebruary 9th, 2009 - 1:40 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, February 9 (ANI): Roaring sales of Valentine Day roses across Pakistan seem to indicate the popularity of the western tradition in the country, despite being termed Haram by various Islamic clerics.
According to reports, florists are eagerly waiting for February 14 so that they may make a huge amount of money.
Orders for flowers from nurseries, especially the beautiful fragrant roses, are much higher at this point of time than are placed during any other even like New Year and Eid, reports the Daily Times.
The newspaper revealed that the very beginning of the month saw florists deck their outlets with love themes, depicted through red-coloured balloons, teddy bears, cards, romantic poetry books and other colourful ornaments.
Some even stocked fresh lots of red roses in deep freezers a week before to avoid facing shortage on the romantic day, which comes as a blessing for those in the flower trade. (ANI)
- Dealing with this economy, 2009 Valentines is challenging - Feb 11, 2009
- Love sells -- Valentine's Week is Rs.12,000 cr business - Feb 13, 2011
- Rose prices set to soar ahead of Valentine's Day - Feb 08, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Valentine's Day with flowers and frills - Feb 14, 2011
- Man to give wife million roses on Women's Day - Mar 08, 2012
- Police searching for red-coloured bomber bike - Feb 14, 2012
- A Chinese market that sells 12 mn flowers for Valentine's Day - Feb 12, 2011
- Kennedy, Elizabeth and Delhi Prince at Rose Festival! - Feb 17, 2011
- Assamese poet Hiren Bhattacharyya passes away - Jul 04, 2012
- Demand for adult services in Oz soars a day after Valentine's Day - Feb 15, 2011
- Pamper your loved one direct 'dil se', suggests Sky (TV Snippets) - Feb 13, 2012
- Will you be my Valentine? - Feb 09, 2010
- Golden roses hit China on Valentine's Day - Feb 14, 2012
- Children in tricolour brighten I-Day function (Snippets) - Aug 15, 2010
- Play it safe this Valentine's Day! - Feb 13, 2012
Tags: amount of money, coloured balloons, colourful, deep freezers, eid, february 14, flower trade, fragrant roses, haram, islamic clerics, islamic pakistan, money orders, nurseries, pakistan islamabad, poetry books, red roses, romantic poetry, teddy bears, valentine day, western tradition