US V-P poll rivals Sarah Palin, Joe Biden agree Pak, Iran pose threat to worldOctober 3rd, 2008 - 3:19 pm ICT by ANI
St. Louis , Oct 3 (ANI): In the first public debate yesterday, Republican and Democratic vice-presidential candidates Sarah Palin and Joe Bide, respectively, had one point in common, that Pakistan and Iran were a grave threat for the world as their nuclear weapons were not placed in safe hands.
According to Pakistan English daily The News, while Sarah said that nuclear Pakistan and Iran were grave threat for world community, Iran with nuclear weapons will be even more dangerous, her Democratic rival Biden also agreed on the point, saying that Iran and Pakistan were perilous. He termed Pakistan s nuclear weapons insecure.
Both agreed that India and Israel could be targeted by Pakistan s nuclear weapons.
US will certainly launch attacks inside Paksitan over presence of Osama Bin Laden in the nuclear country. We need to send more troops to Afghanistan , adding US will not let Al-Qaede succeed, the paper quoted Sarah as saying.
Meanwhile, Biden said a strong democracy was the need of government and termed the Al-Qaeda as a real threat for the people of Pakistan and Afghanistan .
The two running mates debated for 90 minutes on a stage at Washington University , their only encounter of a campaign with little more than one month to go. (ANI)
- US V-P poll rivals Sarah Palin, Joe Biden agree N-armed Pak pose threat to world - Oct 03, 2008
- Stabilising AFPAK, defeating Qaeda 'hell of a process' but US committed: Biden - Dec 16, 2009
- India's missile test is not bad news for the world (Comment) - Apr 22, 2012
- Astronomers see end of world in 90-years - Apr 19, 2011
- India, US send strong signals to Pakistan, Iran (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- Arizona shooting: Palin accuses her critics of 'blood libel' - Jan 13, 2011
- Iran working on atomic bomb: IAEA - Nov 09, 2011
- Iran still undecided on nuclear bomb: US intelligence chief - Feb 01, 2012
- US, India will lead 21st century: Palin - Mar 20, 2011
- Why India should avoid landing in hot waters of Hurmuz (Comment) - Jan 01, 2012
- Wikileaks expose: Saudi Arabia urges US attack on Iran - Nov 29, 2010
- Will battle terror together: Zardari - Feb 17, 2012
- Safe havens for terrorists within Pakistan borders unacceptable: President Obama - Nov 08, 2010
- Pak's nuclear arsenal for 'national security' against India threat: Mullen - Jul 01, 2010
- Palin warns of 'Armageddon', WW III if Iran obtains nuke weapons - Oct 13, 2010
Tags: afghanistan, al qaeda, encounter, grave threat, iran, joe biden, nuclear weapons, osama bin laden, pakistan, paksitan, poll, pose, presence, public debate, rivals, running mates, safe hands, sarah palin, strong democracy, vice presidential candidates