US Embassy in Pak condemns Faisalabad terror attackMarch 9th, 2011 - 12:23 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Mar 9(ANI): The United States Embassy in Pakistan has strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Faisalabad on Tuesday, in which nearly two dozen innocent civilians were “brutally killed” and several others injured.
“Our deepest sympathies are with those who were affected by this horrible tragedy,” the US Embassy said in a statement.
“This atrocity is the latest in a series of targeted murders and indiscriminate terrorist attacks against innocent Pakistani children, women, and men,” it noted.
It vowed that the US would continue to help the Pakistan Government in fighting against extremists.
“The United States will continue to work with the people and government of Pakistan to combat violent extremism and to build a peaceful and secure future for its citizens,” the statement said. (ANI)
- Suicide bomber kills 55 at Shiite shrine in Kabul - Dec 07, 2011
- NATO secretary general condemns Mumbai attacks - Jul 15, 2011
- International community strongly condemns Moscow terror attack - Jan 25, 2011
- Karzai condemns, US saddened over Afghan killings (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- At least 37 killed in funeral suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 09, 2011
- NATO vows to continue Afghan mission - May 02, 2011
- G8 stands with Russia in fight against terrorism - Mar 30, 2010
- UNSC condemns Delhi attack; vows to combat terror - Sep 08, 2011
- Osama's killing a victorious milestone against terrorism: Krishna - May 02, 2011
- At least 50 killed, 100 wounded after explosion in Pakistani mosque - Nov 05, 2010
- Battered minorities launch campaign outside UN headquarters against atrocities in Pakistan - Sep 21, 2010
- Russia hints at Pak-Afghan militants' hand in blasts (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 30, 2010
- US condemns attack on UN headquarters - Aug 27, 2011
- US condemns double suicide bomb attack outside Pak shrine - Apr 04, 2011
- Obama condemns 'outrageous' suicide attack in northwestern Pak - Dec 26, 2010
Tags: atrocity, citizens, deepest sympathies, embassy in pakistan, extremists, government of pakistan, horrible tragedy, innocent civilians, murders, pakistan government, terror attack, terrorist attack, terrorist attacks, united states embassy, us embassy, violent extremism, women and men