US drones kill 14 militants in N.WaziristanNovember 8th, 2010 - 12:52 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Oct 8 (ANI): At least 14 suspected militants were killed and three others injured in US drone attacks on Pakistan’s North Waziristan Agency Sunday evening.
Two US pilotless aircraft fired five missiles on a vehicle and a suspected militant compound in the country’s tribal belt, killing a total of 14 insurgents, The Nation reported.
In the first attack, a US drone struck a house at Sedgai village near Miranshah with three missiles, killing at least nine suspected militants.
An hour later, another pair of missiles targeted a vehicle in Ghulam Khan town in the jurisdiction of Datta Khel, leaving five more insurgents dead.
Identities of those killed were not immediately known, said sources, adding that the drones had been hovering over the area for several minutes, which created panic among the dwellers.
Security officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that all five killed were foreigners. Agents on the ground were collecting more details, the intelligence officials said.
A covert US drone campaign in Pakistan has been stepped up in its tribal belt, as intelligence claims of a Mumbai-style terror plot to launch terror attacks on European cities emerged last month.
The latest attacks came after a triple drone strike on Wednesday killed at least eleven suspected militants in the same region. (ANI)
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- 13 militants killed in three US drone strikes in North Waziristan - Nov 04, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- 14 killed in Pakistan drone attack - Mar 17, 2011
- 22 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Three US drone strikes kill 11 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Jan 01, 2011
- US drone attack kills four militants in North Waziristan - Dec 11, 2010
- US drone strike kills 4 in northwest Pakistan - Sep 01, 2012
- US drone attack kills four in Pakistan - Nov 26, 2010
- Five militants killed in US drone strike in Pak's North Waziristan region - Dec 07, 2010
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- US drone attacks kill six in Pakistan - Feb 24, 2011
- US drone strikes kill 13 militants in North Waziristan - Jan 24, 2011
- Two British Al Qaeda militants killed in Pakistan - Dec 16, 2010
- Three militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 12, 2010
Tags: anonymity, drone, drones, european cities, foreigners, ghulam khan, insurgents, intelligence officials, jurisdiction, khel, north waziristan agency, pakistan, peshawar, security officials, sunday evening, suspected militants, terror attacks, terror plot, three missiles, tribal belt