US drone strikes kill 13 in PakistanNovember 7th, 2010 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
By Awais Saleem
Islamabad, Nov 7 (IANS) At least 13 people, including nine militants, were killed in two US drone attacks in northwest Pakistan Sunday, a media report said.
The strikes took place in the North Waziristan tribal area of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
A drone fired five missiles at a vehicle in the Zarmada Khel area of North Waziristan, killing four people, Dunya TV reported.
A house, suspected to be a hideout of the militants, was also attacked in the Saragai area with missiles, killing at least nine militants, it said.
“The US drones are expected to have taken out some high-profile targets in this attack,” the report said without naming the victims.
The strikes were carried out based on the intelligence reports given by the Pakistani security forces.
There has been a sudden upsurge in the drone attacks in Pakistan’s tribal areas in the last couple of months.
Hundreds of suspected terrorists have been killed since 2004 in such attacks, including former Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud, in connection with the ongoing war on terror in Afghanistan and northwest Pakistan.
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Nine killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jul 12, 2011
- US drones kill seven in Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- 10 killed in Pakistan drone strike - May 24, 2012
- 11 killed in Pakistan drone strike (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- 51 killed in US drone attacks in Pakistan - Dec 18, 2010
- Top Al Qaeda leader killed in US drone attack (Lead) - Nov 20, 2010
- US drone strikes kill 51 in Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 18, 2010
- 14 killed in Pakistan drone attack - Mar 17, 2011
- 15 killed in two drone strikes in Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Pakistan says no to US drone strikes in Balochistan - Nov 20, 2010
- Five killed in Pakistan drone strike - Jun 04, 2011
- Drone strike kills five more in Pakistan - Aug 19, 2012
- Four killed in Pakistan drone strike - Sep 11, 2011
- 10 die in drone strike in Pakistan - Feb 08, 2012
Tags: awais, baitullah mehsud, drone, drones, hideout, islamabad, khyber, militants, missiles, north waziristan, northwest, pakistan, profile targets, saleem, security forces, strikes, taliban, tribal area, tribal areas, war on terror