US drone attack kills three militants in Pakistan’s North Waziristan districtJanuary 12th, 2011 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan 12 (ANI): At least three militants have reportedly been killed in a drone attack militants in Pakistan’s North Waziristan district.
The News quoted security officials as saying that the missile had struck a compound at Haiderkhel village in the tribal district bordering Afghanistan.
“A US drone fired two missiles at a militant compound. At least three militants were killed and two others were injured,” a senior Pakistani security official said.
Though the killed militants could not be identified, local intellegence officials have claimed that they were the Taliban and al-Qaeda linked non-Pakistani Arab and Central Asian militants, whom they often refer to as “foreigners”.
The area is a stronghold of Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur, and are contributing to escalate the nine-year war in Afghanistan. Thus, the US is of the opinion that Pakistan whould launch a ground offensive in the district to limit the threat.
In 2010, about 100 drone attacks had reportedly killedover 650 people in the region. (ANI)
- US drone attack kills 14 militants in Pakistan - May 11, 2010
- US drone attacks kill 15 militants in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Six militants killed in US drone strikes in North Waziristan - Nov 01, 2010
- US drone strikes kill around 60 alleged militants in Pakistan within 24 hours - Dec 18, 2010
- U.S. drone strikes kill 25 suspected militants in Pakistan - Apr 22, 2011
- 10 militants killed in US drone attack in North Waziristan - Sep 14, 2010
- US drone missiles kill six suspected terrorists in North Waziristan - Jan 08, 2011
- US drone attacks kill 24 in Pakistan (Second Lead) - May 12, 2010
- US drone attacks kill 21 in Pakistan (Lead) - May 11, 2010
- US drone strike kills six near Miranshah - May 22, 2010
- Eight killed by US drones in Pakistan - Oct 16, 2010
- 35 Pakistani Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jul 26, 2011
- Fresh US drone strike kills 4 suspected terrorists in Pak tribal region - Oct 02, 2010
- 8 militants, including foreign nationals, killed in US drone strike in Pak tribal region - Oct 14, 2010
- Eight militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Oct 11, 2010
Tags: al qaeda, drone, foreigners, gul, hafiz, islamabad, militants, missile, missiles, north waziristan district, pakistan, security official, security officials, stronghold, taliban, taliban commander, war in afghanistan