US drone attack kills seven militants in PakistanSeptember 5th, 2010 - 1:47 am ICT by IANS
Peshawar, Sep 5 (DPA) A US unmanned aircraft fired two missiles into Pakistan’s tribal region along the Afghan border Saturday, killing seven militants, a Pakistani security official said.
The missiles targeted a mud compound and a vehicle in Datta Khel village, located some 45 km west of Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan tribal district.
“In both attacks seven militants have died,” said an intelligence official who spoke on condition of anonymity. “Four of them are foreigners and three local Taliban.”
The term “foreigner “is used to refer to the militants of Arab or Central Asian origin who are linked with Al Qaeda. The local Taliban were from the Haqqani network, a militant group led by Afghan warlord Sirajuddin Haqqani.
The Haqanni group is believed to be behind dozens of deadly attacks on NATO-led troops in Afghanistan. It was the third US drone attack over a 24-hour-period.
- US drone attacks kill 12 in Pakistan - Sep 15, 2010
- 21 killed in Pakistan drone strikes (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Top Taliban commander Hafiz Gul Bahadur among 14 killed in US drone strike - Mar 11, 2010
- US drone attack kills 22 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Mar 17, 2011
- US drone attack kills 13 in Pakistan (Lead, changing dateline - Aug 24, 2010
- US drone strikes kill 13 militants in North Waziristan - Jan 24, 2011
- 16 die in US drone strike in Pakistan - Aug 10, 2011
- Four militants killed in drone attack in Pakistan - Sep 12, 2010
- Fresh U.S. drone strikes kill 4 people in North Waziristan - Aug 03, 2011
- Three militants killed in US drone strike in North Waziristan - Sep 12, 2010
- Three US drone strikes kill 11 suspected militants in North Waziristan - Jan 01, 2011
- US drone strike kills six near Miranshah - May 22, 2010
- US drone attack kills four militants in North Waziristan - Dec 11, 2010
- 8 militants, including foreign nationals, killed in US drone strike in Pak tribal region - Oct 14, 2010
- US drones pound North Waziristan, four militants killed - May 11, 2010
Tags: afghan border, al qaeda, anonymity, asian origin, dozens, drone, foreigner, foreigners, intelligence official, militant group, militants, missiles, mud, north waziristan, peshawar, security official, sirajuddin, taliban, troops in afghanistan, unmanned aircraft