US delivers four MI-17 cargo helicopters to PakistanJune 11th, 2009 - 1:08 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 11 (ANI): The United States has handed over four MI-17 cargo helicopters to the Pakistan Army to facilitate its counter-terrorism operation.
“On a request by the Government of Pakistan, the United States delivered four MI-17 cargo helicopters to the Pakistani Army,” US embassy spokesman Lou Finor said here.
Meanwhile, US Consulate personnel in Peshawar have been instructed to limit their movements until further notice.
The notice has been issued following the Pearl Continental bombing in Peshawar.
The United Nations (UN) has also cancelled its activities in Peshawar after Tuesday’s blast that killed 16 people, including some foreigners.
“The UN World Food Programme was working on the supply of food to the affected people of Malakand and Swat, and three employees of the programme were staying at the hotel at the time of the blast. All three had been killed,” said a UN spokesman.
Two employees, including a woman officer of the UNICEF and the UN refugee agency were also killed in the blast, The Daily Times reports. (ANI)
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Citing domestic duties, India withdraws choppers from UN Congo mission - Oct 14, 2011
- US consulate vehicles targeted in Peshawar blast, one dead (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Choppers grounded as Pakistani flood victims face food shortages - Aug 09, 2010
- Two die as Peshawar bombing targets US consulate vehicle (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- 22 dead as blast rocks Rawalpindi (Second Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- 10 dead in Rawalpindi blast (Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- Three mn affected by Pakistan's worst floods: UNICEF - Aug 03, 2010
- Seven killed as multiple bombings rock Peshawar (Second Lead) - Apr 05, 2010
- Three die in blast near UN office in Peshawar (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- US delivers new helicopters to Pakistan - May 18, 2010
- Four dead, 30 hurt in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Oct 12, 2009
- Suicide blast kills 22 in Rawalpindi (Third Lead) - Nov 02, 2009
- No Americans killed in Peshawar blast: US - Sep 03, 2012
Tags: cargo helicopters, counter terrorism, embassy spokesman, finor, foreigners, further notice, government of pakistan, malakand, pakistan army, pakistan islamabad, pakistani army, pearl continental, peshawar, refugee agency, swat, un world food programme, unicef, us embassy, woman officer, world food programme