US behind attacks on holy places in Pak: JINovember 10th, 2010 - 6:46 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Nov 10 (ANI): The Jamaat-e-Islami Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has alleged that the US private security firm ‘Blackwater’ is behind “carrying out attacks” on the holy places in the country.
“We have evidence that Blackwater is carrying out attacks on mosques and shrines in the country,” The Nation quoted Shabbir Ahmad Khan, provincial general secretary of Jamaat-e-Islami, as saying to a gathering in Battagram.
Khan also said that the government should put an end to the so-called war onterror and pro-US policies to establish peace in the country.
“The government should realise the fact that America has never been our true ally and friend,” he argued.
The Jamaat-e-Islami leader further claimed that US President Barack Obama had struck a 10 billionpounds trade deal with India to make it stronger against Pakistan, the paper said.
While blaming the rulers for the poverty, unemployment, price hike and shortage of basic commodities in the country, Khan added: “The rulers are not interested in redressing the grievances of the masses.” (ANI)
- RAW, MOSAD fuelling sectarian violence in Pakistan: former JI chief - Jul 05, 2010
- Pak religious party blames India, US for countrywide spate of terror attacks - Dec 07, 2009
- Pak protestors shout "hang Davis" over double murder charges - Feb 12, 2011
- Thousands protest Pakistan's reopening of NATO supply route - Jul 17, 2012
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- Imran threatens to obstruct NATO supplies if Pak Govt doesn't stop US drone campaign - Mar 26, 2011
- JI chief blames Malik, Blackwater for terror attacks in Pak - Mar 13, 2010
- Now, a declaration 'justifying' killing Musharraf for his unpardonable crimes - Oct 24, 2010
- Zardari has sold Pakistan's independence, sovereignty to US: Jamaat-e-Islami - Mar 24, 2011
- Will halt US drone strikes: Imran Khan - Feb 11, 2012
- Terrorists planning attacks on foreigners in Pak - Nov 27, 2010
- KP minister calls Pak parties Jamaat-e-Islami, JUI-F 'political wings of terrorists' - Nov 12, 2010
- Pakistani senators seek debate on corruption - Jul 16, 2011
- One dead in Bangladesh clash - Jan 30, 2012
- Bangladesh opposition leader to be arrested for war crimes - Mar 27, 2011
Tags: ahmad khan, ally, barack obama, blackwater, commodities, general secretary, grievances, holy places, islamabad, jamaat e islami, ji, khyber, mosques, peace in the country, poverty, price hike, private security, rulers, security firm, shrines