UP top cops probing Arushi murder transferredJune 1st, 2008 - 10:20 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, June1 (ANI): Uttar Pradesh (UP) Chief Minister Mayawati on Sunday, transferred Meerut Inspector General of police (IG) Gurdarshan Singh, Deputy Inspector General (DIG) P C Meena and Noida Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) A Satish Ganesh who were investigating the Noida double murder case.
The UP government has assured that it will provide all assistance to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for investigations into the murder of Arushi and her domestic help Hemraj.
Mayawati said, “We have crucial information about the double murders. We will give everything to the CBI.”
“DG and ADGP have been instructed to help the CBI,” she added.
Earlier on Sunday, the CBI initiated investigations in twin murders of 14-year-old Arushi and her domestic help Hemraj in Noida and formed a 25-member team to crack the case.
After re-registering the case filed by Noida police, the team went to the scene of crime and talked to the kin of the deceased besides meeting the Noida Police officers who were investigating the twin murder.
Noida police had arrested Arushi’s father Rajesh Talwar, a dentist, for allegedly killing his daughter and servant Hemraj in their Noida’s Sector 25 house on the night of May 15-16. He is in judicial custody.
The police claimed that he killed Arushi in a fit of rage after he found her with Hemraj in an “objectionable” position. They have claimed that Talwar took Hemraj to the terrace and killed him before killing his daughter. (ANI)
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Fourth Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Aarushi-Hemraj murders - Timeline - Feb 09, 2011
- Aarushi case: Arguments on charges inconclusive (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, hopes for bail (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hemraj's wife moves court saying Talwars killed him - Mar 26, 2011
- Nupur Talwar taken into custody, CBI opposes bail (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar moves apex court for bail (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- SC notice to CBI on Nupur Talwar's bail plea (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Framing of charges underway in Aarushi case - May 22, 2012
- Timeline of Aarushi Talwar-Hemraj killings (To go with 'Four years of a whodunit') - May 14, 2012
- Talwars move Supreme Court against trial order - Mar 19, 2011
- In courts on daughter's fourth death anniversary - May 16, 2012
- Nupur Talwar jailed, bail hearing resumes Tuesday (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Nupur Talwar's bail plea rejected (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
Tags: adgp, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, dentist, deputy inspector general, dg, domestic help, double murder case, double murders, ganesh, judicial custody, Mayawati, meena, member team, New Delhi, police officers, rajesh, scene of crime, uttar pradesh